Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I have been thinking about getting a new 80 but looking for reassurance

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I think Barry should buy a new one, not seen many about and although th lock up piece doesn't look great, there are no reports of problems. Time to get your wallet out Bazzer!

Yeah go on, Bazzer. . Do it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I think Barry should buy a new one, not seen many about and although th lock up piece doesn't look great, there are no reports of problems. Time to get your wallet out Bazzer!
    You are right Max, I can't say that I have seen any reports off any problems, but I have always admired the robust precision engineering of the 80 the way that the barrel block lands on the flat part of the lug and the barrel has no droop or rise very cleaver then when you look at the new type it looks like tat and I wouldn't be surprised if the new ones did have droop or rise looking at the set up.

And what about that spring thing that stops the link from rattling that also looks like tat, why not just put a washer in and do a proper job even I can do that

I think the old 80 was one of the best spring guns made

I wouldn't worry about the spring thing, a washer will sort lateral play but there could be vertical play in the dodgy old cocking shoe and the spring will cure both and you'll be getting the new improved cocking shoe too 😉.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I wouldn't worry about the spring thing, a washer will sort lateral play but there could be vertical play in the dodgy old cocking shoe and the spring will cure both and you'll be getting the new improved cocking shoe too 😉.
    A simple snug fitting washer stops the rattle and don't look so cheap

I can't disagree about the new type shoe being better but there is nothing wrong with the old ones.

I don't think that any of the changes that HW has made to the 80 have been to improve it just to cut costs and so far, it seems like they have got away with it as so many are accepting it.

Have you bought one yet ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Have you bought one yet ?
    Yep; come on, Bazzer.....get one bought!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I suspect this was a thinly veiled "don't you think this HW part is crap" thread, no intention to purchase
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer