Thread: Vegans and shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    If my Mrs said Go Vegan I'd say you go elsewhere, fortunately based on the massive leg of Lamb she just brought things are good.

Does seem a little hipogritical to condone a pest kill but see yourself absolved because you didn't pull the trigger doesn't it, still each to their own and all the more for the Tinbum kitchen.

My mindset has always been if you must kill then use as much of the animal as you sfaely can, never just kill it for one thing and waste the rest, only exception being things like Rats out of diesease prevention however if I had an Animal that was safe to eat them I'd use it for pet food.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I only eat vegan food

I.e. my food is vegan
    Pete

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I only eat vegan food

I.e. my food is vegan
    Sounds about right but you do get a lot funny people wasn't Hitler a vegetarian.

Knew a fella who became a vegan, he’d picked bits of his mate off himself after a grenade went off near them at goose green , he reckons meat reminds him of that day , different reasons for different folks.

There an be a latent acrid smell from a grenade going off. Iron from heaps of blood has a pretty distinctive smell that isn't pleasant too. Associate the two and I can understand.

Ever since Africa I'm not good with the smell of blood, though I will still process the natural bounty. Some people quite like it, or at least don't mind. Refrigeration keeps the smell down to a "rosy" level, as found in your local butchers which isn't so bad.
    I do like liver, and I like many meats cooked rare.

Well they're an invasive species so doing damage to his property, so I don't find anything particularly Hypocritical in his trying to remove them

Better than the sort of pink fluffy idiots we have, that would see them run wild with no controls because they're "furry ikkle aminals"

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well they're an invasive species so doing damage to his property, so I don't find anything particularly Hypocritical in his trying to remove them

Better than the sort of pink fluffy idiots we have, that would see them run wild with no controls because they're "furry ikkle aminals"
    The irony in wanting any vermin killed is that the vast majority of vegans are vegan because they are militantly opposed to harming animals in any way whatsoever.
    This ain't rock 'n' roll- this is GENOCIDE!

[QUOTE=Segata;8293982

My mindset has always been if you must kill then use as much of the animal as you sfaely can, never just kill it for one thing and waste the rest, only exception being things like Rats out of diesease prevention however if I had an Animal that was safe to eat them I'd use it for pet food.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely, but what astonishes me is that seagulls, the rats of the seaside, are protected. They sh*t everywhere, at breeding time they attack everyone. At our allotment they would peck holes in poly tunnels. I'm not a violent man, but, I couldn't eat one
    Open Channel D

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I was struck in the head by one in Paignton and then about a week or two later there was that report of one eating a Dog, they are brazen nasty little buggers at times.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Vegans and shooting?

If you eat more beans, do you have to give more for wind?

I love it when vegans tell me that they're all God's creatures. I tell them to go and read Genesis ch 9:3. Always good fun!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I love it when vegans tell me that they're all God's creatures. I tell them to go and read Genesis ch 9:3. Always good fun!
    I am not an expert like you and would not want to bring a staggering 41000 denominations into any discussions especially as they would only quote GEN.1 Verses 29 to 30

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I am not an expert like you and would not want to bring a staggering 41000 denominations into any discussions especially as they would only quote GEN.1 Verses 29 to 30
    Chapter 9 is an amendment to ch1. “as I gave you seed, now I give you meat”. No I’m not religious but I like to collect quotable quotes to use as wind up material when needed!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I had to read up on that and the internet source* said it meant only moving animals at the time mankind decided to eat them.

That rules roadkill out.

* We should always treat anything on the internet with a pinch of salt, even this .
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

And now it all can be delivered to your door, no interaction with that horrible natural world required.

I'm going to make a wind call on this.