Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegans and shooting

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Vegans and shooting

Please note the “and”. Vegans AND shooting!

Last week I got a call from a local guy I knew who had trapped a coypu by his fishing lake. He wanted me to come over and break a hat in it’s bottom!

I went over, performed the aforementioned task, and conversation quickly went in a fishing direction. He has stocked his lake with carp, there’s plenty of roach, perch etc, and another guy has asked if he wants to go over and catch/remove the bream that have filled his lake!
    He bought the house as he’d always wanted a fishing lake, did I fish? Come over anytime you want, I enjoy the company.

The only problem he has is the large number of copyu that come up from the local streams and undermine the banks of his lake. We chatted a little more which has ended up with me supplying him something to help control them. I then told him I had a great recipe for a pate you can make with the saddle meat.

”Oh no” he says “My wife and I are vegan, have been for five years now”.

I saw no hint of humour or leg-pulling in his face and pointed at the rather large carcass at our feet.

”Well I’m not going to eat it, am I?”

It takes allsorts.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    So his wife is vegan, and he probably goes to McDonald's when she is not there.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

ha ha macdonalds

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    If my Mrs said Go Vegan I'd say you go elsewhere, fortunately based on the massive leg of Lamb she just brought things are good.

Does seem a little hipogritical to condone a pest kill but see yourself absolved because you didn't pull the trigger doesn't it, still each to their own and all the more for the Tinbum kitchen.

My mindset has always been if you must kill then use as much of the animal as you sfaely can, never just kill it for one thing and waste the rest, only exception being things like Rats out of diesease prevention however if I had an Animal that was safe to eat them I'd use it for pet food.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I only eat vegan food

I.e. my food is vegan
    Pete

Well they're an invasive species so doing damage to his property, so I don't find anything particularly Hypocritical in his trying to remove them

Better than the sort of pink fluffy idiots we have, that would see them run wild with no controls because they're "furry ikkle aminals"

What can a vegan do with Peter Rabbit?

...starve.

Man made environment and lifestyle choices. Still needs management. There is a lot of waste to provide a vegan lifestyle, including plastic alternatives, fertilisers, and insecticides.
    I should think a naked vegan would need a warmer greener world. Certainly not a cold, dry, CO2 deplete, one.
    Last edited by Muskett; 29-03-2024 at 04:39 PM.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I only eat vegan food

I.e. my food is vegan
    Sounds about right but you do get a lot funny people wasn't Hitler a vegetarian.

Knew a fella who became a vegan, he’d picked bits of his mate off himself after a grenade went off near them at goose green , he reckons meat reminds him of that day , different reasons for different folks.

There an be a latent acrid smell from a grenade going off. Iron from heaps of blood has a pretty distinctive smell that isn't pleasant too. Associate the two and I can understand.

Ever since Africa I'm not good with the smell of blood, though I will still process the natural bounty. Some people quite like it, or at least don't mind. Refrigeration keeps the smell down to a "rosy" level, as found in your local butchers which isn't so bad.
    I do like liver, and I like many meats cooked rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

My brother, his "partner" is a trendy t@rt, into everything fashionable !!!

So , he's not allowed to eat any meat !!!

However, when he visits me, like all Saffa's, he hangs around the braai fire, helping himself to generous chunks of boerewors, while his memsahib is inside trying to dictate proceedings there !!!

Then when food is done, he goes inside and eats his veggie sausages with looong teeth !!!

My kids, my g/f and I have a great chuckle about this !!!

My brother, a 6 foot 5 man, is being directed what he is allowed to eat by a 5 foot something specimen .

I'm guessing he eats decent food when ever he is out at work .

Different strokes for different folks.

Like a previous poster, yes, people do choose what to eat, depending on experiences and circumstances, however, fashion is not high in my life .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Gerry, are you originally from SA ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Please note the “and”. Vegans AND shooting!

Last week I got a call from a local guy I knew who had trapped a coypu by his fishing lake. He wanted me to come over and break a hat in it’s bottom!

I went over, performed the aforementioned task, and conversation quickly went in a fishing direction. He has stocked his lake with carp, there’s plenty of roach, perch etc, and another guy has asked if he wants to go over and catch/remove the bream that have filled his lake!
    He bought the house as he’d always wanted a fishing lake, did I fish? Come over anytime you want, I enjoy the company.

The only problem he has is the large number of copyu that come up from the local streams and undermine the banks of his lake. We chatted a little more which has ended up with me supplying him something to help control them. I then told him I had a great recipe for a pate you can make with the saddle meat.

”Oh no” he says “My wife and I are vegan, have been for five years now”.

I saw no hint of humour or leg-pulling in his face and pointed at the rather large carcass at our feet.

”Well I’m not going to eat it, am I?”

It takes allsorts.
    There is an expiation

There are many reasons for going Vegan but there are three main ones.

Health , Bill Clinton is just one example
    https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...0three%20years.

Enviromental, UN Recommendations

https://www.pcrm.org/news/blog/new-u...ry%20health%2C

And the main one unnecessary suffering of animals and this where humane Hunting looks hypocritical to put all that effort into a clean kill then pay for what happens in this amazon film
    https://pignorantfilm.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry B View Post
    My brother, his "partner" is a trendy t@rt, into everything fashionable !!!

So , he's not allowed to eat any meat !!!
    She would be out the door
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177