Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegans and shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry B View Post
    My brother, his "partner" is a trendy t@rt, into everything fashionable !!!

So , he's not allowed to eat any meat !!!
    She would be out the door
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    They are both vegans because: “Ah, look at the poor little animals. We couldn’t eat them.”

He isn’t militant about it, he doesn’t mind what other people do and happily cooks meat on his barbecue for guests. He is also an avid angler, a bloodsport to many.

Oh, and he now has a shiny .17hmr of his very own
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

coypu,what coypu?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I will have to stop trying to turn my dog vegan

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I will have to stop trying to turn my dog vegan

You could have at least cooked it first
    One reason humans became so successful is that they had fire, and cooking gets more out of meat and veg. Why domestic dogs like both raw and cooked.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    coypu,what coypu?
    They’re called Ragondin here, and we’re overrun with them. They are classed as an invasive species and you can shoot them all year around
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Deffo wouldn't mind trying that Pate, quite partial to some of the Eastern european stuff on crackers.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I don't think humane hunting is hypocritical at all. A swift end, out of the blue, no transport stress - that's as humane as you can be as a carnivore.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I don't think humane hunting is hypocritical at all. A swift end, out of the blue, no transport stress - that's as humane as you can be as a carnivore.
    I agree with you because you know what you are doing and you care.

But then do you and other hunters who care then go home and pay your money for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrc0GN1Ujys

you must watch this latest evidence and come back and say that it is not hypocritical to put so much effort into humane hunting and then pay for this to happen to highly intelligent animals that you respect.

The people who make those films go out of their way to find/promote/show poor practice, because that's the sole reason the film is made.

A trawl of youtube will find equally poor quality pest control vids, many of which I would be ashamed to put my name to, but some people care more about their "15 mins of fame".
    That doesn't mean all pest control is poorly executed nor that all abattoir practice is poor.

Now, you have already managed to hijack one thread & get it closed, kindly refrain from doing the same here,

If you want to spout off open your own thread & see if anyone cares enough to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The people who make those films go out of their way to find/promote/show poor practice, because that's the sole reason the film is made.

A trawl of youtube will find equally poor quality pest control vids, many of which I would be ashamed to put my name to, but some people care more about their "15 mins of fame".
    That doesn't mean all pest control is poorly executed nor that all abattoir practice is poor.

Now, you have already managed to hijack one thread & get it closed, kindly refrain from doing the same here,

If you want to spout off open your own thread & see if anyone cares enough to follow it.
    The thread is Vegans and shooting so on topic, so are you saying that this does not happen to 90% of pigs if you are would you feel different if it was proved to you, it was true or would you still be couldn't care less like you couldn't care less when hunting why should you what would be the difference?

The thread is Vegans and shooting so on topic, so are you saying that this does not happen to 90% of pigs if you are would you feel different if it was proved to you, it was true or would you still be couldn't care less like you couldn't care less when hunting why should you what would be the difference?
    Yes vegans & shooting

NOT poor practice in an abattoir, like the Aldi thread you hijacked & got closed was about Aldi, Not abattoir's.

So kindly listen to the Mod's warning & give it a rest.

I agree with you because you know what you are doing and you care.

But then do you and other hunters who care then go home and pay your money for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrc0GN1Ujys

you must watch this latest evidence and come back and say that it is not hypocritical to put so much effort into humane hunting and then pay for this to happen to highly intelligent animals that you respect.
    I keep pigs, kill them myself, butcher them myself.

The regulations mean I can't sell or even give away the meat. If I don't kill the pigs myself they have to be either driven to an abatoir, which is miles away and stressful for them, or I can have them killed on site but then I'm not allowed to butcher them myself so they have to be taken away with the costs that entails.

I use a 12g Mossberg Hushpower, 24gm no7 shot, they drop like water, then big knife through the heart, the Hushpower means there's no chance of blowing up the end of the barrel, it's a contact shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I keep pigs, kill them myself, butcher them myself.

The regulations mean I can't sell or even give away the meat. If I don't kill the pigs myself they have to be either driven to an abatoir, which is miles away and stressful for them, or I can have them killed on site but then I'm not allowed to butcher them myself so they have to be taken away with the costs that entails.

I use a 12g Mossberg Hushpower, 24gm no7 shot, they drop like water, then big knife through the heart, the Hushpower means there's no chance of blowing up the end of the barrel, it's a contact shot.
    My son and his wife have a large farm with sheep I hope that their sheep are treated like your pigs but that is something different to what happens to 90% of pigs what did you think of the video?

My son and his wife have a large farm with sheep I hope that their sheep are treated like your pigs but that is something different to what happens to 90% of pigs what did you think of the video?
    The video is disturbing. I think electrical stunning would be more humane.