Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegans and shooting

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I don't think humane hunting is hypocritical at all. A swift end, out of the blue, no transport stress - that's as humane as you can be as a carnivore.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I don't think humane hunting is hypocritical at all. A swift end, out of the blue, no transport stress - that's as humane as you can be as a carnivore.
    I agree with you because you know what you are doing and you care.

But then do you and other hunters who care then go home and pay your money for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrc0GN1Ujys

you must watch this latest evidence and come back and say that it is not hypocritical to put so much effort into humane hunting and then pay for this to happen to highly intelligent animals that you respect.

The people who make those films go out of their way to find/promote/show poor practice, because that's the sole reason the film is made.

A trawl of youtube will find equally poor quality pest control vids, many of which I would be ashamed to put my name to, but some people care more about their "15 mins of fame".
    That doesn't mean all pest control is poorly executed nor that all abattoir practice is poor.

Now, you have already managed to hijack one thread & get it closed, kindly refrain from doing the same here,

If you want to spout off open your own thread & see if anyone cares enough to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The people who make those films go out of their way to find/promote/show poor practice, because that's the sole reason the film is made.

A trawl of youtube will find equally poor quality pest control vids, many of which I would be ashamed to put my name to, but some people care more about their "15 mins of fame".
    That doesn't mean all pest control is poorly executed nor that all abattoir practice is poor.

Now, you have already managed to hijack one thread & get it closed, kindly refrain from doing the same here,

If you want to spout off open your own thread & see if anyone cares enough to follow it.
    The thread is Vegans and shooting so on topic, so are you saying that this does not happen to 90% of pigs if you are would you feel different if it was proved to you, it was true or would you still be couldn't care less like you couldn't care less when hunting why should you what would be the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I agree with you because you know what you are doing and you care.

But then do you and other hunters who care then go home and pay your money for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrc0GN1Ujys

you must watch this latest evidence and come back and say that it is not hypocritical to put so much effort into humane hunting and then pay for this to happen to highly intelligent animals that you respect.
    I keep pigs, kill them myself, butcher them myself.

The regulations mean I can't sell or even give away the meat. If I don't kill the pigs myself they have to be either driven to an abatoir, which is miles away and stressful for them, or I can have them killed on site but then I'm not allowed to butcher them myself so they have to be taken away with the costs that entails.

I use a 12g Mossberg Hushpower, 24gm no7 shot, they drop like water, then big knife through the heart, the Hushpower means there's no chance of blowing up the end of the barrel, it's a contact shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I keep pigs, kill them myself, butcher them myself.

The regulations mean I can't sell or even give away the meat. If I don't kill the pigs myself they have to be either driven to an abatoir, which is miles away and stressful for them, or I can have them killed on site but then I'm not allowed to butcher them myself so they have to be taken away with the costs that entails.

I use a 12g Mossberg Hushpower, 24gm no7 shot, they drop like water, then big knife through the heart, the Hushpower means there's no chance of blowing up the end of the barrel, it's a contact shot.
    My son and his wife have a large farm with sheep I hope that their sheep are treated like your pigs but that is something different to what happens to 90% of pigs what did you think of the video?

My son and his wife have a large farm with sheep I hope that their sheep are treated like your pigs but that is something different to what happens to 90% of pigs what did you think of the video?
    The video is disturbing. I think electrical stunning would be more humane.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I haven't read all the comments following the pig video, but this is the second thread where such videos have been posted.

I will take this opportunity to remind users of the rules relating to pushing an agenda. It can result in a permanent ban which is unpleasant for everyone.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

In reply to the original theme of the thread, I think hunters are probably much more in touch with animals welfare than the average British, simply because they see things up close and for real. It's amazing how many people have never even seen a live pig.

The thread is Vegans and shooting so on topic, so are you saying that this does not happen to 90% of pigs if you are would you feel different if it was proved to you, it was true or would you still be couldn't care less like you couldn't care less when hunting why should you what would be the difference?
    Yes vegans & shooting

NOT poor practice in an abattoir, like the Aldi thread you hijacked & got closed was about Aldi, Not abattoir's.

So kindly listen to the Mod's warning & give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I haven't read all the comments following the pig video, but this is the second thread where such videos have been posted.

I will take this opportunity to remind users of the rules relating to pushing an agenda. It can result in a permanent ban which is unpleasant for everyone.

Dave
    I will of course comply with the rules

But I thought that I was on topic as the first post in this thread was pointing out how hypocritical it was for some Vegans to have double standards and I was trying to point out it was similar to put a lot of effort into humane hunting and then support by paying for what I showed, a bit like the anti-airgun and hunting crowed.

I don't belong to any group and don't have an agenda just pointing out some evidence.

Anyway, as said I will be complying with the rules and thanks for letting me know

[QUOTE=Segata;8293982

My mindset has always been if you must kill then use as much of the animal as you sfaely can, never just kill it for one thing and waste the rest, only exception being things like Rats out of diesease prevention however if I had an Animal that was safe to eat them I'd use it for pet food.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely, but what astonishes me is that seagulls, the rats of the seaside, are protected. They sh*t everywhere, at breeding time they attack everyone. At our allotment they would peck holes in poly tunnels. I'm not a violent man, but, I couldn't eat one
    Open Channel D

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I was struck in the head by one in Paignton and then about a week or two later there was that report of one eating a Dog, they are brazen nasty little buggers at times.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Vegans and shooting?

If you eat more beans, do you have to give more for wind?

I love it when vegans tell me that they're all God's creatures. I tell them to go and read Genesis ch 9:3. Always good fun!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi