Thread: 3d printed airmaks magazines

3d printed airmaks magazines

As promised, following my failed "wanted" ad on here.... A review.

I've got darco mags for my AGT vulcan 2 and my uragan compact and, as we all now know, they're damn good as spares and defeat the need to load the rifle in a horizontal to avoid pellet jamming.
    My krait mag doesn't have this issue but it's always a good idea to carry spare mag. I wouldn't have met ye minimum order now required to order the mags direct so I decided to take a punt on one supplied from the bay.
    The only one I could find was £35 which saves around £25 on a factory mag.
    They're called "darc" magazines... Draw your own conclusion but theyre defo not dark mags.

Upon the item's arrival, I was well impressed at the quality. Some 3dprint items seem like light or flimsy plastic with excess play on rotors. Not this one. It's not a copy of the factory unit in design and the front plate rotates open and is secured closed by a little but strong magnet. The close is very positive. They good thing about the design is swing the plate open, rotate the inner rotor and secure it by installing the last chamber first. This holds the rotor in place so you don't have to fiddle about with pellets whilst working against the spring tension and poke them trough a calibre sized hole. Very clever and much quicker.
    The mag drops into the action nicely and is retained by a detent for the ball bearing catch on the rifle action.
    It cycled perfectly and the pellet Chambers seemed more snug than the factory mag. Accuracy was just as good as single the factory mag with pellets (my krait is very very accurate)
    I've recently had excellent results with slugs single shot loading and with mag get excellent results except a flyer every 5 or 6 shots, which has frustrated me. I've come to think that it's the slugs being driven into the bore off square amd assumed that it's the play as the slugs wobble in the mag.
    Due to time constraints today, I didn't test the slugs but I have a reserved confidence/hope that this may cure the flyers.incan hope.

All in all, a decent option for those of us with airmaks rifles looking for a spare mag.i can't comment on it's fit in the extra mag carrier mount to the rifle as I don't have one.

I shall update this thread when I've tested it with slugs.. Pray for me.

For note - the seller is nothing to do with me. I just thought it'd be helpful to share my findings
    Dan
    Last edited by Anothermiss; 29-03-2024 at 06:42 PM.

good review bud

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    good review bud
    Cheers, Jeff. I hope it helps someone out. 60 quid for new mags is ridiculous

im sure it will

Further testing and the slugs went well in it. Only tested to 30yds (sub 12) and flyers were elimated that I experienced with the factory mag.
    However they were trumped by jsb heavies which also stopped having the occasional flyer and gave stupid tight groups. All in all, it's looking like a good aftermarket magazine for anyone looking for a spare.

No faults found yet, apart from the name!

Additional note: I've also ordered 1x uragan magazine and 1x vulcan 2 magazine. Upon testing these are also good and eliminated the jamming associated with cocking the rifle with the muzzle above horizontal, which AGT refused to acknowledge as a problem.
    Last edited by Anothermiss; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.