Thread: Immersive Optics vs Sightmark Wraith

Immersive Optics vs Sightmark Wraith

I have the opportunity to acquire either a Sightmark Wraith HD or an Immersive Optics 14x50 for my Wolverine R
    I appreciate its comparing apples to oranges as the Wraith doubles as a Night Vision scope and records footage etc and the Immersive has none of those features.
    However, if I am only going to infrequently shoot at night would it be best to go with the Immersive or does the Wraith tip the scales due to its extra 'toys' ?
    I maybe would never use the record functions etc but you never know !!!
    Thanks in advance

Bit of a strange comparison but hey ho

I like the immersive stuff, excellent clarity and brightness, also light if carrying all day

Had a few NVs too and the wraith was ok but heavy and eats batteries and yes on odd occasions you can shoot at night its not really a day scope Id want to use
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I have owned night vision for a few years now.
    If your going to use the rifle at night, nothing beats NV.

If I am shooting in the daytime I take a different rifle with a glass scope.
    Night vision usually has a narrow field of view.

I would have thought a 14x50 would be too much for hunting or close ratting.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

If you want to get into NV, and want something good for a while, then just buy a Zulus. Best bang for the bucks, feature rich, unit going.

Older units are OK, but at £600 the Zulus are a lot better and have a laser range finder built in, plus ballistic software with drop indicator. This is the way forward for day or night use on a PCP.

Personally both the scopes mentioned have more drawbacks than benefits for everyday shooting.

Digi day/night units are handy for people who who do a lot of night shooting but don't like, or can't be a**ed to carry, an add-on,
    but the day side is never as good as an optical scope, so if you don't do a lot of night shooting I wouldn't touch one.

Fixed 14x50 would be far too restrictive for me, as I seldom use that much mag, but obviously I have no idea how you shoot.

So I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole, I'd be looking for a quality 3-12, 4-16 or 5-15, optical of which there are dozens to choose from.