Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R W Ruggles Airgun Pellets

Born Again is online now Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Sad news indeed. Bob was a lovely man and passionate about air rifle sport.

He often ran the machines making Defiant, Piledriver and Exterminator pellets and tested the Pax rifles.

His one recurring fault, the one that got him banned and suspended so many times, was that his boundless enthusiasm and loyalty to the Pax brand meant he couldn't help plugging them at every possible opportunity. It must have driven the admin team crazy.

RIP Bob, a proper character.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Sad to hear he has passed i had many brocock sparts parts from him and still have several boxes of the tin tac pellets upstairs. Ill always remember him as being friendly and enthusiastic.
    Gun control means using both hands.

I had several telephone conversations with Bob over the years, and always found him friendly and helpful.
    Very sad to hear of his demise.
    Yet another number to remove from my telephone directory.

I've met Bob at Lea Valley, he was always friendly and helpful and always trying to sell you his pellets

RIP Bob you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Think he was known as clubshot and remember him telling me about Defiant pellets
    Really sad to hear that Bob has passed away. He supplied a few of my Brocock TAC guns. I remember buying 88g CO cylinders from him at £5 each!

I really good chap was Bob.

As others have said. Didn't know Bob had gone. Met him several times at Lea Valley back in the day and always found him a likeable character and yes, I still have some of his pellets. RIP Ruggles.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Yes as stated above, Bob sadly passed on. He was chairman at Lea Valley for many years and had his own way of doing things. As others have said, he was passionate about airgunning and Pax/Defiant pellets. I met Hugh, owner of Pax through him and they supplied me with boxes of .22 Defiants to use in my springer in HFT comps. They shot very well too!

Met him must have been in the 70s when Hugh at Pax was setting out on his adventure, remember all the talk about the pellets that they where going to produce, time does fly
    Rip

Slightly late to this but...
    I was on the Lea Valley committee with Bob so knew him well. He was simultaneously one of the club's biggest assets and also its biggest liability. He did a huge amount of work behind the scenes that no-one outside the committee saw but he also caused untold problems because he could not keep his mouth shut. He almost caused the club to fold because he fell out with the shotgun club that LV sub-let the ground from and they nearly pulled the lease. There were people desperately looking for an alternative site before things were patched up enough to keep the club going there. The same lack of gob control was what got him banned here, more than once.

Hi Kes/Steve. How are you?