Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compact scopes for springers - advice please

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I've tried a lot of the larger scopes on my springers, but have gone back to the good old 2-7x32 in most cases. For general plinking and hunting, they'll meet your requirements.
    I've never been drawn to the larger scopes and have always liked the 32mm objective for general springer use. The 2-7 would be where my money went also.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My 97 has a 4-12 x 50 Hawkes scope on it & it has two problems; likewise it's too long covers & part of the breech and secondly at x12 max zoom it's impossible to see where it's hitting the target at over 40 yards being a .177.

I'm going to put a compact 4-16 x 44 off another rifle onto it this weekend to see if it works better.

I buy decent scopes second hand off forums, there are some very good bargains to be had if you look around.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Recommendations are a good starting point, but you must try the scopes to form your own final decision.

Has anyone got a photo of an Hawke SF compact fitted to a 97 pleass?
    Just want to see how much the scope clears the loading port.

Also, does anyone have the non compact version of the scope fitted to the 97?

Thanks

Rich