Morning all.

I have a HW97K (sub 12 ftlb), which I bought secondhand with a Hawke Fastmount 3-9 x 50 scope already fitted. As I understand it the 'Fastmount' scopes are a budget version of the Vantage, with a 2 piece tube and less layers of coating on the lenses.

I'm fairly happy with the scope, although it does seem to have blurry areas at longer ranges and higher magnifications. It's also a bit big for the rifle (IMHO), and the objective sits a bit too close to the loading port when it comes to loading.

I'm thinking about fitting a more compact scope, first thought was a Hawke Airmax 30 4-16 x 44 side focus. There's a great guarantee, it's rated for springers, looks a good reticle, gets good write ups, although I have seen some commenting on very stiff parallax and IR adjustment.

As a bit of a wildcard there's the vector optics Veyron 4-16x44 ffp. Specs wise looks similar to the Hawke, and is FFP rather than SFP, which seems nice. 5 year guarantee, says 'suitable for air rifles' but doesn't specify that it's rated for springers. Again generally positive reviews, but it seems suspiciously cheap (to my mind) at £180 from optics warehouse.

Other factor is that I wear glasses. I believe compact scopes have a smaller 'eyebox' when it comes to getting a good sight picture, not sure if that could be an issue for me.

Any thoughts or personal experiences with the above, or similar, scopes would be extremely welcome.