Thread: A daft idea? "Burn him!"

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice

A daft idea? "Burn him!"

You know when you are not thinking about very much and an idea pops into your head? Well maybe it's because I have a Bsa Cadet action that CapitalBee sent me-----------And I thought a Bsa Cadet in a wooden thumbhole stock would be something to see. Totally out of period for a Cadet but I bet it would be pretty nice to shoot and last a very long time. And be more fun that a Bsa Buccaneer

Way beyond my skill levels but it would nice to see.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

id like to se that

That would be an interesting project, Guy, as I am a fan of thumbhole stocks, but whether the lightweight Cadet/Major would lend itself to such a stock, I don't know.

bsa cadet

Hi i have a walnut stock for the above it has a crack in the grip (very common) easy repair
    would help you with the inlet
    FREE if you want it ,if it helps its yours
    https://iili.io/JN5PhhP.jpg

its one of this lot the broken 1 is on the fire
    Last edited by Ryan hw99s; 03-04-2024 at 05:54 PM.

That would be a great help if you have no need for it?
    Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Ok its yours mate i have many pm me your fully address, collection your a bit far away

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    You know when you are not thinking about very much and an idea pops into your head? Well maybe it's because I have a Bsa Cadet action that CapitalBee sent me-----------And I thought a Bsa Cadet in a wooden thumbhole stock would be something to see. Totally out of period for a Cadet but I bet it would be pretty nice to shoot and last a very long time. And be more fun that a Bsa Buccaneer

Way beyond my skill levels but it would nice to see.
    I think given the swoopy lines of the Cadet a neatly done thumbhole or pistol grip would looks great, factory even. You could make it so fitted & pointable it would need no sights, at least not for matchbox targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think given the swoopy lines of the Cadet a neatly done thumbhole or pistol grip would looks great, factory even. You could make it so fitted & pointable it would need no sights, at least not for matchbox targets.
    Yes the trigger blocks are nice and swoopy
    Oddly, I have a Cadet Major that I leave the sights off, to try to teach people to shoot. It encourages them to get their head down to the gun. At 8 yards, most people will hit a bottle cap by lining up the top of the barrel at the bottom of the cap. They always seem quite surprised when they hit it.

Now we need someone to make that stock for us It would look great on Danny's site.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Yes the trigger blocks are nice and swoopy
    Oddly, I have a Cadet Major that I leave the sights off, to try to teach people to shoot. It encourages them to get their head down to the gun. At 8 yards, most people will hit a bottle cap by lining up the top of the barrel at the bottom of the cap. They always seem quite surprised when they hit it.

Now we need someone to make that stock for us It would look great on Danny's site.
    I think you just need a good design, a couple of sheets of plywood, an electric jigsaw, a spoke-shave a round Surform thingy some sandpaper and a can of semi-gloss black paint and the jobs a good ‘un. With a plywood sandwich design you don’t have to shit around with inletting etc.

Christen it the BSA Javelin after the all-weather fighter jet of the 1950s in BSA style.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 07-04-2024 at 02:25 PM.

I have just sold a Cadet fitted with a period BSA Japanese scope, PU piston seal and properly crowned barrel. Very accurate little rifle that I think would suit a stock like that. I looked for another one to customise at Kempton Park show, but there was only a Major. Going to see how far I can customise a Major.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan hw99s View Post
    Hi i have a walnut stock for the above it has a crack in the grip (very common) easy repair
    would help you with the inlet
    FREE if you want it ,if it helps its yours
    https://iili.io/JN5PhhP.jpg

its one of this lot the broken 1 is on the fire
    A thank you to the man above. The stock arrived today (left by the gate by lazy barsteward Evri driver ) and is in better nick than anticipated. Once the piston gets returned from welding, I'll see if I can put it together---------although I'm hoping to catch up a bit in the garden if it stays dry.