Thread: Holt's Archive - Restricted Access

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Im not defending them but all those good photo's take a lot of time & collating & cost, Im not surprised they are charging for archive access, Otherwise they are giving stuff away for anyone else to use & in some cases earn from. I would charge if i was in their shoes.

Kempton Photos and Videos are free

Thanks to John Milewski and Matt. I have to wait for them to be posted on here, to see what I have missed

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Kempton Photos and Videos are free

Thanks to John Milewski and Matt. I have to wait for them to be posted on here, to see what I have missed
    I've been known to miss what's in front of my eyes Binners. More than once, someone has pointed out to me something right in front of me. A boxed Crosman 400 was the last one. I think the condition is known as gun blindness and is especially prevalent at Kempton.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Holts photographs

Holts photos are a very good quality but with their photos of rifles they seem to have an aversion to photograph the barrel or muzzle end. You could be buying a rifle with a sawn off barrel and no front sight and sometimes the rear sight is missed off too. I don’t know why they do not show the full rifle which would be really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I've been known to miss what's in front of my eyes Binners. More than once, someone has pointed out to me something right in front of me. A boxed Crosman 400 was the last one. I think the condition is known as gun blindness and is especially prevalent at Kempton.
    Not just ‘ gun blindness ‘, John. I remember asking my wife if she was still ‘ seeing anything ‘ at the Newark antique fairs. Stuff tended to become a bit of a blur.

And I totally agree with Ali’s comment regarding partial photos in Holt’s catalogue.

Wish I was there today and stand missing anything, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .