Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Springer Help

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.

.22 Springer Help

So I have a birthday coming up real soon and I am thinking of getting another spinger. I have the following all in .177 HW95k, HW97k and a Prosport, I was thinking along the lines of a 2nd hand HW77 as all my springers have been bought that way and then tuned up. I will most likely have a walk around the Kempton Arms fayre next week as well.

So I'm looking for recommendations and have a budget of around £350.00

Thanks

Paul

You'll not go wrong with a 77.

I think the budget offerings could be below your expectations.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Hw77

Go for a MK2 or MK3 77 if you can find one. Should well be in your budget of £350. Mach 1.5

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I’ve got a mk2 TX200 for sale (bereavement sale thread) for that price, but a 77 is a great gun
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    So I have a birthday coming up real soon and I am thinking of getting another spinger. I have the following all in .177 HW95k, HW97k and a Prosport, I was thinking along the lines of a 2nd hand HW77 as all my springers have been bought that way and then tuned up. I will most likely have a walk around the Kempton Arms fayre next week as well.

Thanks

Paul
    Quite a few options used for £350

As mentioned the 77k and TX200 also the Walther LGU

Is your preference under lever?

As I notice you also have a HW95K if you went break barrel there’s the HW80, HW90 (if you fancy some rammer fun), HW98, HW99 plus many others like the Walther LGV, century even some Diana’s 280 etc all should be doable with that budget used but some harder to find.

Cometa Fenix 400 laminate ultra Carbine is a nice dinky 22 rifle, a bit different from your longish HW's .....very very 'handy' , always nice to have handy rifle, bit like an up to date Brum stingray / longbow, but that you can get parts for !!

Oh lifetime Gtee if you don't fiddle, and shoot very good from new
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    defo worth coming down to Kempton, only half an hour for you, and always a mix of modern and classic..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Cometa Fenix 400 laminate ultra Carbine is a nice dinky 22 rifle, a bit different from your longish HW's .....very very 'handy' , always nice to have handy rifle, bit like an up to date Brum stingray / longbow, but that you can get parts for !!

Oh lifetime Gtee if you don't fiddle, and shoot very good from new

This ^^^^^

My two 400’s shoot so well, Im now looking at the fusion

The Cometa stuff is definitely under the radar and super value for money with as you say a lifetime warranty if its your thing and excellent hammer forged barrels
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Quite a few options used for £350

As mentioned the 77k and TX200 also the Walther LGU

Is your preference under lever?

As I notice you also have a HW95K if you went break barrel there’s the HW80, HW90 (if you fancy some rammer fun), HW98, HW99 plus many others like the Walther LGV, century even some Diana’s 280 etc all should be doable with that budget used but some harder to find.
    That about sums it up for me. The rest is down to personal preference - size, weight, balance, ease of use etc.

P.S....Yes, I'm a little biased towards it, but if you have a liking for the HW77/97 platform already.....go for it. Classic, bombproof, landmark guns. Accurate and respected. It's the way my money would go.....
    Last edited by TonyL; 01-04-2024 at 05:56 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I’ve got a mk2 TX200 for sale (bereavement sale thread) for that price, but a 77 is a great gun
    I did see that Nick, but I saw you that they were pick up only from the Springer Bash

nice mk3 77

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I did see that Nick, but I saw you that they were pick up only from the Springer Bash
    I take it your hip(?) is making that impossible? You could ask if anyone close to you is attending, but I would go to Kempton if I were closer.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I take it your hip(?) is making that impossible? You could ask if anyone close to you is attending, but I would go to Kempton if I were closer.
    If nothing turns up between now and the Springer bash, I may tack a trip out for the day

Thanks

Paul
    Another vote for the '77 here but if you're looking to experiment or just try something different what about a Diana 48/52/54. I've never had one but they seem to be enjoyed by their followers.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.