Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Springer Help

HW99s

The 99s is excellent and cheap enough, leaving you plenty of money left for tuning and a scope.
    Open Channel D

Nick, oldskoolzzz, has a 97 for sale. Honest, trusted seller. I've bought a couple from him in the past and know of many a happy person who has purchased from him. I'd be going for that, although it would involve a day trip to the Midlands.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nick, oldskoolzzz, has a 97 for sale. Honest, trusted seller. I've bought a couple from him in the past and know of many a happy person who has purchased from him. I'd be going for that, although it would involve a day trip to the Midlands.
    Thanks for the glowing reference Tone

However Paul is like 133 miles away

I wouldn’t fancy 266 miles for a Herman

I’ll probably change my mind again once I’ve slept on it but at the minute all I’m doing is standers with a few of my lighter rifles to get back in the swing again, it’s damn good practice though and I’m clocking up 30mins a day with just standers haven’t a clue why as it’s only casual but I feel like I’m training for something

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

I’ll probably change my mind again once I’ve slept on it but at the minute all I’m doing is standers with a few of my lighter rifles to get back in the swing again, it’s damn good practice though and I’m clocking up 30mins a day with just standers haven’t a clue why as it’s only casual but I feel like I’m training for something
    I did look at the route and I was very tempted but I think the drive would kill me off for a good while, joys of having nereve damage in the cervical spine area

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    I did look at the route and I was very tempted but I think the drive would kill me off for a good while, joys of having nereve damage in the cervical spine area
    Years ago I always enjoyed the long road trips for guns/cars/bikes/women

Done some serious mileage and daft purchases over the years but nowadays I very rarely bother as driving on todays crap networks just seems a reet miserable chore.

50 miles radius is just about all I can be bothered with nowadays and that’s if I really, really want the goods

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Understood.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Years ago I always enjoyed the long road trips for guns/cars/bikes/women

Done some serious mileage and daft purchases over the years but nowadays I very rarely bother as driving on todays crap networks just seems a reet miserable chore.

50 miles radius is just about all I can be bothered with nowadays and that’s if I really, really want the goods
    Yep, travelling about on our roads isn't the pleasurable thing to look forward to that it once was, Nick.

I haven't shot for ages, Nick, due to the eyes and a few other things. So my standard will have slipped even further downhill, if that were possible. And I also feel ashamed that, in recent years, my form on standers will have sunk to an all-time low. Must do better.....

Yep, travelling about on our roads isn't the pleasurable thing to look forward to that it once was, Nick.
    Absolutely Tone, I’ve always been a bit of a car/bike nut since 1991 and been in/out the motortrade in all that time but can’t even remember the last time I enjoyed a really decent road trip.

Getting older and grumpier doesn’t help either

I haven't shot for ages, Nick, due to the eyes and a few other things. So my standard will have slipped even further downhill, if that were possible. And I also feel ashamed that, in recent years, my form on standers will have sunk to an all-time low. Must do better.....
    Chin up Tone, Granted you might have to wire wool the rust away but I’m sure happier plinking days will return

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    The 99s is excellent and cheap enough, leaving you plenty of money left for tuning and a scope.
    Absolutely, or just leave it on opens and save even more money

As you already own HWs.
    I would go for either a Theoben or AATX200HC which are both excellent in .22.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Absolutely Tone, I’ve always been a bit of a car/bike nut since 1991 and been in/out the motortrade in all that time but can’t even remember the last time I enjoyed a really decent road trip.

Getting older and grumpier doesn’t help either

Chin up Tone, Granted you might have to wire wool the rust away but I’m sure happier plinking days will return
    Agreed in all respects, Nick. The (now shorter) little trip to the Boinger Bash is one that I do so much enjoy, though.....nice, straightforward run and the promise of a couple of days of chilling out in brilliant company certainly help.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    Absolutely, or just leave it on opens and save even more money
    I cannot disagree with the '99 recommendation. Beautifully light and compact. And with a firing cycle it has no right to offer taking into account its light weight and full power credentials. But it'll need the anti-galling mods doing to give full long-term reassurance.

Another one to look at would be the classic HW35. Born in the 1950s and still made today is testament to its enduring qualities. Featuring the "fatter" cylinder, courtesy of the 30mm bore, chunky big breech jaws and the screw-in end block as per the 77 and 80. Beautifully refined manual breech latch. Shorter stroke than the 80 giving it a nicer shot cycle out of the box than the 80. And offering brilliant value for money. This graceful old girl exudes quality and shows many young pretenders how it should be done. An absolute classic and pivotal air rifle.