Thread: Sussex Armoury 4x28

Sussex Armoury 4x28

Greetings from the USA,
    Working on a Crosman redo from my childhood that had a Sussex Armoury 4x28 scope, and was hoping to find one. Seems to be a rare bird as I've been hunting with no luck. Still wondering how it got from the UK to the USA, but has been really interesting learning about the rise and fall of Sussex Armoury during my research.

Anyway, I figured this might be the place to ask if anyone might have one they would be willing to sell. Condition isn't critical. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum, please let me know mods.

Welcome to the BBS. I don't think their scopes sold that well back in the day due to the market been flooded with other well known brands. I remember trying to find the 4-12 x 40pa scope they did for a friend who was building his retro 80's FT rifle..took me about 3 years and two turned up in one week.
    Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Welcome to the BBS. I don't think their scopes sold that well back in the day due to the market been flooded with other well known brands. I remember trying to find the 4-12 x 40pa scope they did for a friend who was building his retro 80's FT rifle..took me about 3 years and two turned up in one week.
    Mach 1.5
    Hey thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, that's what I gathered and makes sense if the brand didn't sell that well relative to the rest of the market. I also think for most brands that did offer a 4x28, it is a bit of an outlier scope. Seems a 4x15/4x20 or 4x32 were to 'go to' for magnification and objective lens size for most entry level rifle applications. The 4x28 is the 'in between' scope but it never really found a niche. Even now, most of the new 4x28 scopes are either compact versions or poor variations of a 4x20.

Scope

Always worth looking at evil bay and place a wanted ad..postage may be expensive. Talking of strange mag I have a Weaver 4.75 x 40. Great glass hence I brought it when I was offered it.
    Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Always worth looking at evil bay and place a wanted ad..postage may be expensive. Talking of strange mag I have a Weaver 4.75 x 40. Great glass hence I brought it when I was offered it.
    Mach 1.5
    Yup, been eyeing evilbay for some time. Will keep up the hunt for sure. I don't yet have privelages for the 'sales' forum so wasn't sure if want adds were allowed but will check it out when the time comes.

Wow, I can honestly say I have never heard of a Weaver 4.75x40. You have my interest so will certainly check it out. Many thanks again!

Scope

The weaver was part of the grand slam series. 4.75 x 40. A portion of the proceeds from the sale was donated to the rocky mountain elk foundation. Mach 1.5