Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW95S Adjustable Coming May 2024

HW95S Adjustable Coming May 2024

Just when you thought this outstanding all-round rifle couldn't get any better, Weihrauch are now releasing a modified version with Adjustable cheek-piece and butt plate - the rifle with undoubtedly fit you like a glove!

https://weihrauch.co.uk/news/new-hw95s-adjustable

Or buy a SH 98 stock and stick it on your 95. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Or buy a SH 98 stock and stick it on your 95. Mach 1.5
    Strangely the 98 stock I’ve never really gotten on with and I’ve had a fair few

I’d like to shoulder the 95S adjustable see if it actually fits me any better.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    So how much is one of those going to set you back?

Solware are knocking them out for £615 or you can get a 98 cheaper from them or a 98 laminate version for another 80 sovs or you can get a Cometa 400 laminate for £440 from big Dan's air rifles and spend the difference on tuning and a trigger sort.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    So how much is one of those going to set you back?

Solware are knocking them out for £615 or you can get a 98 cheaper from them or a 98 laminate version for another 80 sovs or you can get a Cometa 400 laminate for £440 from big Dan's air rifles and spend the difference on tuning and a trigger sort.
    I rarely buy new Pete

Just something for the future memory banks.

I am however looking to buy a new Hans special this year and already placed my order but that’s a special treat for a recent milestone birthday which is quite apt

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I rarely buy new Pete

Just something for the future memory banks.

I am however looking to buy a new Hans special this year and already placed my order but that’s a special treat for a recent milestone birthday which is quite apt
    Is that the TBT 97 thing?
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Is that the TBT 97 thing?
    No buddy, I turned 50 last week so a more apt treat would be an errr HW50 I didn’t want to go old type 50 although I considered getting a really nice one from Paul (Mach) but ideally I wanted to buy something brand new this time and had to be a 2024 model.

Hans timing with the 125th 1899 series couldn’t have been any better so I’ve placed an order for the HW50S 125th

Yes I know bleeding tart but what the heck I’m surprised I reached 50 with my lifestyle so thought I’d treat myself yes I’ve owned multiple 50/99 over the years but this one will replace my current 99 which I’ll move on at some stage.

Hello, £600 plus

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Hello, £600 plus
    They're getting rather dear now ...... not holding their value either
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    They're getting rather dear now ...... not holding their value either
    My feelings about the 95 are the same as Pete’s about the HW35. Horrible things.

Just buy a HW99S and get it fettled, you don’t need that long comp chamber in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    My feelings about the 95 are the same as Pete’s about the HW35. Horrible things.

Just buy a HW99S and get it fettled, you don’t need that long comp chamber in the U.K.
    My reduced cylinder HW80s and Diana 52 take care of the heavyweight guns whilst the FWB124 takes care of the lighter work
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

To some extent I agree, having owned way too many 95’s and 99’s over the years.

With the 95 the best one I had was a project rifle that I fitted a short stroke setup it did shoot nice and was better as a scoped medium range and medium weight type rifle.

However with the 99s I prefer to use them with opens or occasionally a very low mag scope as low as possible due to the low comb height.

Granted I effectively turned the 95 into a similar stroke as the 99s which made it nicer for sub 12 use but there are other benefits with the 95 especially the one piece cocking arm setup, thicker barrel and readily available K barrel also as mentioned a factory stock that’s better for scope setups.

With this new adjustable 95S version on the horizon I’m interested to see how it shoulders and as mentioned something I will keep an eye on over the years as I usually buy used.

Well, at least it looks like they are listening to their punters !

I've read loads of people complain about the 95 stock re head position & trigger reach, but not found either that much of a problem. I bought a Tourbon comb raiser kit but decided just the neoprene sleeve was enough. Never had a problem with the trigger reach either & I don't have huge hands or freaky long fingers.

My 97 on the other hand is getting the Bisley adjustable butt pad that I've got in a drawer because I end up with it almost off my shoulder to see through the scope. Either that or taller mounts & a comb raiser.

I wonder if they'll sell the stocks separately at a discount to disgruntled 95 owners
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

I have just swapped my 95 & 98 stock around.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    No buddy, I turned 50 last week so a more apt treat would be an errr HW50 I didn’t want to go old type 50 although I considered getting a really nice one from Paul (Mach) but ideally I wanted to buy something brand new this time and had to be a 2024 model.

Hans timing with the 125th 1899 series couldn’t have been any better so I’ve placed an order for the HW50S 125th

Yes I know bleeding tart but what the heck I’m surprised I reached 50 with my lifestyle so thought I’d treat myself yes I’ve owned multiple 50/99 over the years but this one will replace my current 99 which I’ll move on at some stage.
    Congratulations on your milestone birthday, Nick, and for celebrating it with such a special treat. They look lovely.

Not sure if I like that new '95 stock that much, preferring the '98 one myself. Not that I'm in a position to purchase anyway......
    Last edited by TonyL; 04-04-2024 at 04:48 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!