Thread: BSA Meteor MK1 .22 BSA Scorpion .22

BSA Meteor MK1 .22 BSA Scorpion .22

Hi all whats the above worth half tidy shoots well complete with open sights & maybe the scope is original but crosshairs are out of line, Scorpion same
    thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan hw99s View Post
    Hi all whats the above worth half tidy shoots well complete with open sights & maybe the scope is original but crosshairs are out of line, Scorpion same
    thankyou

Difficult to value with just a couple of pictures but the Meteor Mk1’s often have the rear sight missing/damaged - so yours is complete & original - that’s a plus!
    The scope is indeed one of the early ones that the Mk1 was advertised with. The first commonly available air rifle with a scope in the UK…they were a 2 x mag to start, then a 3 x mag. The history of these UK made scopes is quite interesting…shame cross hair damaged.
    Depending how it’s performing (mines doing about 9 Ftlbs with 5.6mm Marksman) but I’d say about £150 - £175 for yours. Boxed immaculate condition- I’ve seen them advertised at £250/300! Rough ones about £60 - £90
    Sorry don’t know much about pistols

The Meteor's bluing looks good so 175 with the original sights and scope the Scorpion's not pristine and lacks the front sight hood but has the cocking aid so mid range. I've watched go cheap at auction at about £60 so more than that. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

bsas

Thanks for your help guys
    meteor mk1 will go on sale £130 sounds ok
    the scorpion i will keep as spares for a buccaneer when i can get 1
    thankyou