Thread: Air bottle compressor.

Air bottle compressor.

We have been having problems getting spares for the club Air venturi compressor so are looking at buying a new one.

It gets quite a hammering at the club as it's heavily used. Any recommendations for something decent?

I was thinking a diving club one might be better than a dedicated airgun one for extended use.

We are primarily a powder burning club but the airgun section is becoming very popular with the present FAC hastle.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

It's all down to what you're willing to pay, a decent quality club size compressor £3k+

If you have the space a used big commercial pump might be an option, & charge to fill cylinders.

Removed.

I would have a chat with Midland Diving Equipment.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Coltri sub, I've got one of these with a Daystate badge and they are great bits of kit, I used to have one for diving and now I have one for air guns

https://www.compressorshop.co.uk/mch...EaAg3zEALw_wcB
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

There is a Compair 5405 (7 cfm) on the auction site for less than 1300 pounds but that would use a 5.5kw motor so a 3 phase 415v supply would be needed , Fairly bulletproof as long as you do regular oil changes and vent the interstage separators regularly when filling , I used to build service and test these when I worked at MDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Coltri sub, I've got one of these with a Daystate badge and they are great bits of kit, I used to have one for diving and now I have one for air guns

https://www.compressorshop.co.uk/mch...EaAg3zEALw_wcB
    My mate at the Doncaster airgun club said coltri are very good. The bearings need replacing every 5000 hours or so but it's an Italian company and spares are easy to get. Somewhere around £3k should get us a nice one.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    My mate at the Doncaster airgun club said coltri are very good. The bearings need replacing every 5000 hours or so but it's an Italian company and spares are easy to get. Somewhere around £3k should get us a nice one.
    Think they made the Daystate compressor. https://daystate.com/air-compressor/
    Thankfully bearings are bearings - they will be a standard size, so easy to source. Things like filter elements can be a bit trickier, but it’s a well established company so yes spares are generally available.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Think they made the Daystate compressor. https://daystate.com/air-compressor/
    Thankfully bearings are bearings - they will be a standard size, so easy to source. Things like filter elements can be a bit trickier, but it’s a well established company so yes spares are generally available.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Coltri or Bauer are my goto, easy to fix and get parts for
    Last edited by macbut999; 09-04-2024 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    We have been having problems getting spares for the club Air venturi compressor so are looking at buying a new one.

It gets quite a hammering at the club as it's heavily used. Any recommendations for something decent?

I was thinking a diving club one might be better than a dedicated airgun one for extended use.

We are primarily a powder burning club but the airgun section is becoming very popular with the present FAC hastle.
    If they are selling it, I will buy it