Thread: The old "What's it worth"

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

The old "What's it worth"

I've had a few chats recently about buying and selling some more mundane guns. It seems that some people are now going towards pistols as they take up less space than rifles
    Sometimes something will seem to "fly" and others remain unsold even though the the price is not far off.
    I cannot understand SMK G10's selling now but they do. Late, black Gats with a safety catch seem to sell at £30 plus now and they are the sort of things that have been given to me and given away by me in the not so distant past. I mentioned to Vic Thompson about his G4 pistol not selling and that, while I don't like them (having given every one I've had away) I thought it would have sold due to having the box------and that someone might buy it for the box and then punt the pistol back out for near the price they paid. BUT --it looks like no one wants the box!

As I have wound down the last few years, I have pointed a few people towards guns that they want or that I think they might like. All have been at prices I would consider myself if I was at the point I was around 10 years or more ago. Sometimes they buy and sometimes they don't. I have even ended up buying a few myself after they have not gone for the gun (usually Webley pistols to mess with near Christmas, when I give up drinking )

I know something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but sometimes I cannot understand the prices some gguns do or do not sell for
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    If someone wants something they will pay to have it. Sometimes its feast or famine, a glut of some pistols and then none at all.