Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Photos - Sunday 7 April 2024

Kempton Photos - Sunday 7 April 2024

A huge thank you to Team Binners for laying on yet another great fair.

The day was busy throughout and I could see lots of old airguns finding new owners, which is what it's all about.

Some highlights are a boxed Webley Service at £850 and a lovely late 1930s Webley Senior in its original case with period Parker Hale valvespout oilcan. I sometimes think these green PH oilcans look better in the case than Webley cans, despite the latter's' rarity.

There was a BSA pine No 1 air rifle case that I missed and a Webley Super Match air rifle was shown to me, which I did not get to photograph. This was the rifle that was later called the Supertarget but was not stamped as such. In my view, these are the best of the Mk 3 Supertargets as they have the mid production curly triggers, which I like the best out of all Mk3 triggers.

I was also shown a No 3 bore BSA Airsporter that John Knibbs believes was a prototype and which I believe was sold at the BSA auction of prototypes during the early 1970s. This was not for sale but a great privilege to view.

It was also a pleasure to meet up with BBS members - I finally got to meet Johnbaz and what a gent. I enjoyed chatting about old airguns and fairs with Johnbaz and could have done so all day.

Anyway, enough from me. Here a few snaps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R7jpfrgsTUS48wjA7

Enjoy!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Great thanks for the sample of delights.

What is that LUFI 52 rifle? Looks a bit like a Falke 80? Never heard of that rifle ever, any information?

thanks for posting those pictures John,i always have a look through to see what i'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

What is that LUFI 52 rifle? Looks a bit like a Falke 80? Never heard of that rifle ever, any information?
    You know about as much as I do on that one. Mike Sharp showed it to me. It looks like an Airsporter copy and has a self opening and closing breech (no tap lever). It was a new one on me too. A very nice rifle. If the 52 denotes the year of introduction, Mike explained it would predate the Airsporter's ability to fix a scope to the air cylinder.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Great photos as ever john.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Great pictures John, must say I missed seeing some of those great items. I did recognise the very old geezer with the M1 carbine.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Great photos as ever john.

Dave
    Thanks Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by benelli b76 View Post
    great pictures john, must say i missed seeing some of those great items. I did recognise the very old geezer with the m1 carbine.

Baz
    lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

One here Alistair:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ohn-air-rifle/
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    A huge thank you to Team Binners for laying on yet another great fair.

The day was busy throughout and I could see lots of old airguns finding new owners, which is what it's all about.

Some highlights are a boxed Webley Service at £850 and a lovely late 1930s Webley Senior in its original case with period Parker Hale valvespout oilcan. I sometimes think these green PH oilcans look better in the case than Webley cans, despite the latter's' rarity.

There was a BSA pine No 1 air rifle case that I missed and a Webley Super Match air rifle was shown to me, which I did not get to photograph. This was the rifle that was later called the Supertarget but was not stamped as such. In my view, these are the best of the Mk 3 Supertargets as they have the mid production curly triggers, which I like the best out of all Mk3 triggers.

I was also shown a No 3 bore BSA Airsporter that John Knibbs believes was a prototype and which I believe was sold at the BSA auction of prototypes during the early 1970s. This was not for sale but a great privilege to view.

It was also a pleasure to meet up with BBS members - I finally got to meet Johnbaz and what a gent. I enjoyed chatting about old airguns and fairs with Johnbaz and could have done so all day.

Anyway, enough from me. Here a few snaps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R7jpfrgsTUS48wjA7

Enjoy!

John
    Hi John, Thank you for the excellent photo tour that is some compensation for living so far away. Do you know any more about the Bsa auction of prototypes - sounds exciting ?
    Cheers
    Last edited by silva; 08-04-2024 at 12:15 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Great photos John thanks for sharing as always. It was a great turn out today I think that GS pup stole the show a bit, seemed to be getting more attention than any Airgun 😬 👍

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Fantastic thanks Danny. What an elegant air-rifle.

Thanks for posting the photos, John. Being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, it's both interesting and enjoyable, in a slightly torturous kind of way, to at least be able to see what's so far out of reach. Attending sometime in the future is on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Great photos John thanks for sharing as always. It was a great turn out today I think that GS pup stole the show a bit, seemed to be getting more attention than any Airgun 😬 👍
    Thanks for your kind words. Billy was 5 months old yesterday and as a 'birthday' treat, he was taken to Kempton. It was by far the most people he had ever encountered in one go but nothing phased him and he was well behaved all day. I think he loved all the attention - LOL

callumej, I can't reply to your PM as you've exceeded your storage space but the pistol you asked about was on a stall shared with Baz (Benelli B76), so it may be worth dropping Baz a PM or maybe Binners for contact details?

Kind regards,

John