Thread: Airgun World Podcasts

Cool Airgun World Podcasts

Has anyone else been watching these?

I've just started (last week). And I think they're excellent. Some very interesting special guests that you'll always pick something up from. And you know you're always going to learn something new / get confirmation from Terry when he's on shift.

Well worth a watch / listen if you haven't done so already.

Now we just need a special Springer Edition featuring Jim.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That wasn't very subtle Tone
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    That wasn't very subtle Tone
    Hee, hee, hee! Yep, we need that special "Jim Episode".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Thanks for the heads up on those podcasts Tone, perfect timing as I was looking for something to listen to while travelling tomorrow. And Spotify podcasts you can download and listen to offline.

Excellent; enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns n Hoses View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on those podcasts Tone, perfect timing as I was looking for something to listen to while travelling tomorrow. And Spotify podcasts you can download and listen to offline.
    Hope you gave them a go today.

Has anyone else been watching these?

I've just started (last week). And I think they're excellent. Some very interesting special guests that you'll always pick something up from. And you know you're always going to learn something new / get confirmation from Terry when he's on shift.

Well worth a watch / listen if you haven't done so already.

Yes Tone,

I’ve been watching them on occasion same as the new hot air podcasts although I really miss the old versions with Lloyd and TonyB as I can’t quite get into the newer ones for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Yes Tone,

I’ve been watching them on occasion same as the new hot air podcasts although I really miss the old versions with Lloyd and TonyB as I can’t quite get into the newer ones for some reason.
    I saw one or two of the older Hot Air ones a fair time ago, Nick, and ought to check in again sometime.

Some of the little nuggets and tips that get put out there when the chaps go off at a slight tangent can be priceless, I think. Sometimes, for us more seasoned shooters, they'll confirm what we know / believe. But every day's a school day and I'm sure we can all learn something. And for newer / less experienced shooters, the advice dispensed is invaluable, helping to shortcut the learning process.

been watching them quite interesting

I saw one or two of the older Hot Air ones a fair time ago, Nick, and ought to check in again sometime.

Some of the little nuggets and tips that get put out there when the chaps go off at a slight tangent can be priceless, I think. Sometimes, for us more seasoned shooters, they'll confirm what we know / believe. But every day's a school day and I'm sure we can all learn something. And for newer / less experienced shooters, the advice dispensed is invaluable, helping to shortcut the learning process.
    Absolutely

The recent AGW podcast got me thinking about the perfect scope height alignment using the small hole in tinfoil or butchered butler creek flip up on the ocular

For many years I’ve always used the mount the scope and close/open eyes method whilst shouldering to get that instant sight picture where you know if it’s right or wrong eg too high or low, close, far etc but I’ve never used the small hole method to actually see if my eye is 100% at the right height giving the perfect alignment.

Usually experience tells me if the comb height is fairly low then a lower mounted scope is obviously required but sometimes it might be too low and not quite right with eye alignment where say medium mounts might actually be better or vice versa etc.

Agreed, Nick. A top tip, that one, and one I must try.

Hope you gave them a go today.
    Yes Tone, I managed to listen to the first two episodes, very enjoyable indeed. Thoroughly recommend if you like podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns n Hoses View Post
    Yes Tone, I managed to listen to the first two episodes, very enjoyable indeed. Thoroughly recommend if you like podcasts.
    Glad you enjoyed. And there's plenty of very good stuff in the next episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Absolutely

The recent AGW podcast got me thinking about the perfect scope height alignment using the small hole in tinfoil or butchered butler creek flip up on the ocular

For many years I’ve always used the mount the scope and close/open eyes method whilst shouldering to get that instant sight picture where you know if it’s right or wrong eg too high or low, close, far etc but I’ve never used the small hole method to actually see if my eye is 100% at the right height giving the perfect alignment.

Usually experience tells me if the comb height is fairly low then a lower mounted scope is obviously required but sometimes it might be too low and not quite right with eye alignment where say medium mounts might actually be better or vice versa etc.
    I thought TonyB's comments re lock times were very enlightening.

The combined advice from Matthew Gleaves, Gary Chillingworth and TerryD priceless.