Thread: Thank you from us at Kempton

Thank you from us at Kempton

Firstly to John M for once again taking half his day photographing just a fraction of the things on offer. He certainly has picked a few interesting items again. Great for those that can not make it on the day.

Also thank you to many members of both forums who made long journeys to support our sport and event. A lot of hard work and time is involved in putting the fair on.

The “Guvnor” and I really appreciate you all.

It's a pleasure mate.

I took today off work as annual leave and have already had a play with my two 'new' pistols at the club, first thing.

Thank you for organising such an excellent event, as always. You make it look easy, which I know is not the case.

Kind regards,

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

You know sometimes.....

Things are taken for granted. Well, here I stand guilty as charged. From the very start, and at every single Fair, Tim Dyson and Bea have had the equivalent of 50 feet of table space covered with quality air guns and accessories. We take them for granted so much that we think of them more like family, than Trading customers. Without their support over the years, we would probably not have made it this far. Thank you Bea and Tim..

I get what you mean Binners, as it's easy to think of Bea and Tim as part of the furniture. They bring what looks like a well stocked gunshop to every fair and I often find something of interest on the stall. This time I went away with a boxed Gat rifle.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    It's a pleasure mate.

I took today off work as annual leave and have already had a play with my two 'new' pistols at the club, first thing.

Thank you for organising such an excellent event, as always. You make it look easy, which I know is not the case.

Kind regards,

John M
    Sounds like a good Kempton, what pistols did you get John?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Sounds like a good Kempton, what pistols did you get John?

Matt
    I've owned 3 BSA 240 Magnums in the past and although I have always wanted to like the design, I have never got on with that slab sided grip, which has always seemed like an afterthought by the design team. Anyway, I bough the Jon Budd tuned 240 that Jon fitted a slant grip to and I had a play at the club this morning. What a difference. The action is smooth as silk and the pistol is way more comfortable to use with the slant grip Jon fitted (the original grip is also present, so the pistol may be returned to spec by the removal of 2 bolts). BSA should have fitted something similar or perhaps a Hogue style soft grip, which would have improved the design no end.

I also bought a Hammerli P26 that looked so realistic, I could not initially tell it was a CO2 powered replica. It has a lovely fading grey finish and came cased with 2 magazines.

The P26 also shoots well but is fitted with a ridiculously high foresight that understandably lowers the point of impact by 5 inches at 6 yards Anyone have a standard height replacement?

The only trouble is the fair goes by so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go home.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Things are taken for granted. Well, here I stand guilty as charged. From the very start, and at every single Fair, Tim Dyson and Bea have had the equivalent of 50 feet of table space covered with quality air guns and accessories. We take them for granted so much that we think of them more like family, than Trading customers. Without their support over the years, we would probably not have made it this far. Thank you Bea and Tim..
    We've just got back from Kempton and before unloading our vehicle I thought I'd have a cup of tea and take a look on the bbs at John's photos of Kempton yesterday when I read Pete's post. Kempton is definitely the best organised event we go too and both me and B know how much work goes into running an event like this. You and Liz and your staff do a great job of it making it run smoothly. We try and put on a great display of airguns for everyone attending really to promote interest in airgun collecting as much as selling.
    Kempton is now the only event in the South which caters for this since the demise of the Bisley its an event we will continue to support. Thanks for your kind comments Pete which are very much appreciated. Tim & B.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I've owned 3 BSA 240 Magnums in the past and although I have always wanted to like the design, I have never got on with that slab sided grip, which has always seemed like an afterthought by the design team. Anyway, I bough the Jon Budd tuned 240 that Jon fitted a slant grip to and I had a play at the club this morning. What a difference. The action is smooth as silk and the pistol is way more comfortable to use with the slant grip Jon fitted (the original grip is also present, so the pistol may be returned to spec by the removal of 2 bolts). BSA should have fitted something similar or perhaps a Hogue style soft grip, which would have improved the design no end.

John
    I'm glad you are enjoying it sir, and as I said at the time, am especially glad it has gone to someone who will appreciate it and use it

For those who missed the original post a few years ago: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...-prefer-metal)
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 08-04-2024 at 05:05 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I'm glad you are enjoying it sir, and as I said at the time, am especially glad it has gone to someone who will appreciate it and use it

For those who missed the original post a few years ago: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...-prefer-metal)
    That is a massive improvement Jon. The standard grips look like an after thought by BSA I always thought. Nice work mate.

I also bought a Hammerli P26 that looked so realistic, I could not initially tell it was a CO2 powered replica. It has a lovely fading grey finish and came cased with 2 magazines.

The P26 also shoots well but is fitted with a ridiculously high foresight that understandably lowers the point of impact by 5 inches at 6 yards Anyone have a standard height replacement?

The only trouble is the fair goes by so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go home.

John
    That looks like a great purchase, I didn’t realise when Jon listed it that it had been given such an upgrade. Fantastic.
    I always thought the 240 had potential as a great pistol but I couldn’t put my finger in what I didn’t get on with about it.
    That grip alteration is a great idea, looks as pointable as a tempest.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Matt