Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
I've owned 3 BSA 240 Magnums in the past and although I have always wanted to like the design, I have never got on with that slab sided grip, which has always seemed like an afterthought by the design team. Anyway, I bough the Jon Budd tuned 240 that Jon fitted a slant grip to and I had a play at the club this morning. What a difference. The action is smooth as silk and the pistol is way more comfortable to use with the slant grip Jon fitted (the original grip is also present, so the pistol may be returned to spec by the removal of 2 bolts). BSA should have fitted something similar or perhaps a Hogue style soft grip, which would have improved the design no end.

I also bought a Hammerli P26 that looked so realistic, I could not initially tell it was a CO2 powered replica. It has a lovely fading grey finish and came cased with 2 magazines.

The P26 also shoots well but is fitted with a ridiculously high foresight that understandably lowers the point of impact by 5 inches at 6 yards Anyone have a standard height replacement?

The only trouble is the fair goes by so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go home.

John
That looks like a great purchase, I didn’t realise when Jon listed it that it had been given such an upgrade. Fantastic.
I always thought the 240 had potential as a great pistol but I couldn’t put my finger in what I didn’t get on with about it.
That grip alteration is a great idea, looks as pointable as a tempest.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
Matt