Thread: Original Model 35 re assembly

Original Model 35 re assembly

Does anyone have a trick on how to re assemble an Original/Diana model 35.
    i have tried and tried to get the two tubes to stay put.
    If you've ever worked on one of these, you will know what i mean.

Is there anything on these on the "Idiot's guide to airgun strips" over in Collectables?

There might also be some tips on Tom Gaylord's Pyramydairblog.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Long time since I worked on a model 35. There was a good spanish language strip down on youtube I used. Couldn't find it, but found something similar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5AYBfMoln4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy_hhynuZSM

What exactly do you mean by 'two tubes' (as against 'two soups'?ldconfused): Do you mean the 3 ball trigger? There is info on the 3 ball trigger in the Collectibles guide for the Original 50 that will apply.
    Cheers, Phil

Model 35 Reassembly using dummy pins

From memory, I made two short pins to hold the two 'tubes' together and held the balls in place with grease.
    This assembly was put on the end of the spring guide and pushed into the main cylinder using a spring compressor until the ends of the short pins were visible through the holes in the main cylinder.
    Then the proper retaining pins were pushed into the holes which pushed out the short pins out the opposite side,

Hope this helps,

Best regards
    Bill.

I've just done one funnily the other week, as with the 50 the secret is to wind in the spring compressor with a small socket in the end of the inner tube between the end of the compressor to allow the tube to turn, wind it in slowly a few turns at a time & use a flat screwdriver to align the two tubes as they want to turn apart as you go, when you get the pin holes in line pop the rear pin in first till you get the second one in then refit the trigger & end cap. make sure you get the outer tube in the right way too not upside down too .Oh & grease the 3 balls holes well to stick them in place before you start too. it's really a three handed job tbh so a competent mate to align the tubes as you wind in the compressor would be ideal. The one I did had the one of the tabs at one side the trigger pivots on bent out so i had to tap it back straight to get the trigger pivot pin in so check they are parallel before refitting the trigger pivot pin. An airsporter spring brings them up to power i found but a little harsher to shoot so i'll be fitting a weaker one soon .

I rebuilt a gecado 35 over 40 years ago but can remember having to use a strong thread and some real heavy grease for the 3 ball trigger all I can remember
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by billsnibby View Post
    From memory, I made two short pins to hold the two 'tubes' together and held the balls in place with grease.
    This assembly was put on the end of the spring guide and pushed into the main cylinder using a spring compressor until the ends of the short pins were visible through the holes in the main cylinder.
    Then the proper retaining pins were pushed into the holes which pushed out the short pins out the opposite side,

Hope this helps,

Best regards
    Bill.
    That sounds the best way I’ve heard yet👍🏻
    Regards Graham

Quote Originally Posted by billsnibby View Post

Hope this helps,

Best regards
    Bill.
    The simple ideas are always the best , will be using that one next time i strip my 35, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    The simple ideas are always the best , will be using that one next time i strip my 35, thanks.
    Yep same here, I need to strip it to fit a new spring this now gives me a good excuse to give the short pins method a go😊
    Regards Graham