Thread: fx verminator mk1 leaking

fx verminator mk1 leaking

hi all, i sold an fx verminator last year to a gamekeepers son,he has just contacted me to say it has an air leak. i went and looked at it and it is leaking from the fill port,when i charge from the bottle the onboard gauge goes up then when i open the bleed screw most of the air comes back out of the rifle.
    so my question is really how difficult are they to replace the filling valve and where can i get the seals from and if changing it doesnt stop the leak is there anyone local to me(north yorkshire leyburn) who can look at it .many thanks alan.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

Mick simm is your man for those, the logunator. Atb Mick.

Hello, yes, send it to mick, he did my MK 1 Vermy 22 , full seal and service and a few new parts means it is good for another few years, saying this i am thinking to sell or swop as i do not use much these days,

hi thanks for the reply's,just done a search and can only find references to logunator,is he on this forum or just agf as im not a member on there. anyone have a contact for him they could pm me ? or a contact number.many thanks.

Micks not here on BBS anymore, Quite simple to fix yourself though, When you are sure the Vermy is empty you can remove the end with a suitable fitting bar or allen key in the fill probe area and replace the seal, You can even turn the seal round for a quick fix but a replacement is always better. Col.

thanks colin i will try that once i have sourced a seal.

Quote Originally Posted by wall90 View Post
    hi all, i sold an fx verminator last year to a gamekeepers son,he has just contacted me to say it has an air leak. i went and looked at it and it is leaking from the fill port,when i charge from the bottle the onboard gauge goes up then when i open the bleed screw most of the air comes back out of the rifle.
    so my question is really how difficult are they to replace the filling valve and where can i get the seals from and if changing it doesnt stop the leak is there anyone local to me(north yorkshire leyburn) who can look at it .many thanks alan.
    https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co...eet-diagram-c/