Thread: Valuation Please, FX MK 1 Verminator in 22 , Good Condition / Working Order with Case

Valuation Please, FX MK 1 Verminator in 22 , Good Condition / Working Order with Case

Hello, as above, This had a full seal and service by Mick the Logunator , With new parts fitted , not used much since as i do not do much ratting these days, it has been set up with night vision, Needing something light and full size PCP in 22 for some day time pest shooting, i was offered £600 a few years ago but i was night shooting 4/5 times a week, this winter 1 maybe 2 nights, only used about 500 pellets since service, comes with 3 Mags, not sure how old but serial number 19756, Thanks for looking
    Last edited by oldboyshooter; 09-04-2024 at 12:43 PM.

If in good condition, the mk1s generally go for around the £400 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by S Hebby View Post
    If in good condition, the mk1s generally go for around the £400 mark.
    Hello, oh i have never seen one go for that money but thanks to reply

Gun only I would have thought around the 450, The mk2 seem to go around the 550 but some seem to prefer the mk1. I had a mk2 , Was a great gun and very high shot count.

hi pardon to hijack. but didnt they do one of these with a solid
    barrel and not a liner and sleeve ?

At that time all rifles had solid barrels,
    liners are a new concept, mk1 vermi's were discontinued in 2012.
    Last edited by angrybear; 13-04-2024 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    At that time all rifles had solid barrels,
    liners are a new concept, mk1 vermi's were discontinued in 2012.
    Hello, i will have to find out when my MK 1 was made, Mick the Logunator did a good job on the Service,

my mate sold one recently for 450

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    my mate sold one recently for 450
    Hello, Thanks, i was thinking around £450/£500 plus post as it cost quite a few ££ss to have a service, have seen some in gun shop at £650 plus

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Hello, Thanks, i was thinking around £450/£500 plus post as it cost quite a few ££ss to have a service, have seen some in gun shop at £650 plus
    I'd think £500 about correct, dealers by law have to give a guarantee plus have a shop to support so will always charge a lot more.

I'd think £500 about correct, dealers by law have to give a guarantee plus have a shop to support so will always charge a lot more.
    hello, thanks, that is what i will price it up when i decide to sell, £500 plus post, it cost a fair few £s for a full service, cheers

They're well within size to post RMSD with the full value covered by insurance,
    But do remember to mark it "surface mail only", many years back now but mine was refused air freight by the CAA as obviously a gun when Xray'd.
    Luckily the buyer immediately reported it's non arrival to me & I spoke to RM customer services, told them it was an air gun, and they sent it on by road.

They're well within size to post RMSD with the full value covered by insurance,
    But do remember to mark it "surface mail only", many years back now but mine was refused air freight by the CAA as obviously a gun when Xray'd.
    Luckily the buyer immediately reported it's non arrival to me & I spoke to RM customer services, told them it was an air gun, and they sent it on by road.
    Hello, i have always used Parcel Force 48

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Hello, i have always used Parcel Force 48
    As do I for long rifles, because it's the only legal Parcel-force service but the insurance/compensation is limited to £150.
    But
    Royal Mail (a different company to Parcel-force) also legally carry 'guns for sporting use' if they fit the RM size limits,
    RMSD has basic compensation of £750 & I have an email stating they cover enhanced compensation on guns, which Parcel-force do not.

The only issue is that RMSD will move by air, & the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) do not allow guns as unaccompanied baggage,
    so guns must be marked "surface mail only" to go by road.

As do I for long rifles, because it's the only legal Parcel-force service but the insurance/compensation is limited to £150.
    But
    Royal Mail (a different company to Parcel-force) also legally carry 'guns for sporting use' if they fit the RM size limits,
    RMSD has basic compensation of £750 & I have an email stating they cover enhanced compensation on guns, which Parcel-force do not.

The only issue is that RMSD will move by air, & the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) do not allow guns as unaccompanied baggage,
    so guns must be marked "surface mail only" to go by road.
    Hello, Thanks to post, if i do put my FX Vermy up for sale and have to post it would be in the Case so i will look at sending RMSD