Thread: Post war mk1

Post war mk1

Just acquired this,very tidy one for the age
    Just need to find some sample pelletsand paperwork for it now

nice,is it me or does there seem to be fewer really good mk1s about than seniors?

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    nice,is it me or does there seem to be fewer really good mk1s about than seniors?
    I think both are getting quite hard to find now boxed in good condition but ues definitely less mk1s about I think

The Mk.1 was cheaper than the Senior, and possibly didn't get the same level of care as the costlier Senior.
    I've never been a great fan of the Mk.1 even though I've still got a couple in their boxes.
    My oldest childhood friend died last year, but the last time we spoke he promised me his boxed Webley Mk.1 if I outlived him, but when I spoke to one of his sons, I told him to give it to one of the grand children.

mk1.

Like said, Seniors seem a bit more common nowadays than the Webley mk1 pistol. I have downsized my 12/14 senior collection over the years ,but still have some lovely boxed examples left , seniors being my all time favourite pistol in the Webley range. Ido have two nice boxed mk1 pistols in collection and a refinished one so that makes 3.