Thread: Chronograph Best At The Moment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I’ve got an old Skan chronograph that really ought to go to a collector. It’s got red LEDs and a button and it’s black and rectangular like something off a 70s BBC sci-fi like Blake’s 7.

What’s a more compact and up to date chronograph, not one of those awful things that goes on the muzzle, but something decent that doesn’t cost more than £140 or I won’t buy it.

What are all the cool kids measuring their speeds with the now?
    Think I have the same skan unit. Only reads ftps. Like a shoe box with square window. Think whatever you buy won't last as long as the one you have.

I have a Caldwell that I really like.

In all honesty I use my Chinese one more as it works under florescent lighting.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Think I have the same skan unit. Only reads ftps. Like a shoe box with square window. Think whatever you buy won't last as long as the one you have.
    Actually you’re probably right. I just use it to check after a re-spring not for making spreadsheets for science.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    The original FX chrono is a good bet, easy to use, great features, can be moded to run on a power pack, easy to get the info into your Pc to make graphs etc.....

It measures to the nearest 3fps, so not ideal for people doing high end tuning work, but for anyone wanting a chrono accurate to 1% then they are a great option.

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

chinese

I use a £10 chinese one, works as it should, easy to use, and use my phone too calculate it. ive checked it against the very expensive club one and there really isnt much in it.

"the Best" is the one that suits your requirements , some people only test a single gun inside at the bench after a rebuild,
    other people put a chrono up every time they have a plink, or take half a dozen guns out every weekend in rotation to check over.

I use a 'Competition Electronics Pro-Chrono Digital' V frame type because I like to test while doing zero checks, I've got a usb interface but the new ones are bluetooth.

I certainly wouldn't change yours just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post

In all honesty I use my Chinese one more as it works under florescent lighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz1 View Post
    I use a £10 chinese one, works as it should, easy to use, and use my phone too calculate it. ive checked it against the very expensive club one and there really isnt much in it.
    I’m the same quite like the little sub £20 Chinese Chrono I once tested it back to back with the clubs SKAN and there was only 3fps variance.

Plus the Chinese one is great in the garage for quick testing as the rechargeable battery lasts ages.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I have a 21 year old Chrony F1 that has worked flawlessly over the years.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Actually you’re probably right. I just use it to check after a re-spring not for making spreadsheets for science.
    It's a cracking unit , May have to put a pen or your barrel though the unit to reset it now and then once switched on but these must be near 30 years old, Been tempted to get a new one, its the diamond window that puts me off, Maybe I'm just used to a big square window,