Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronograph Best At The Moment

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    I have a Skan chrono, square black box with red led screen which shows a number which you have to calculate the number. You shoot through a 2 inch hole with a paper or card slot so as to not hit the machine and get the pellet in the correct place. Worked very well for years but now i have to re shoot because the machine doesn't recognise a pellet reading, have to do it again. Not sure if the led is dirty with dust or the electronics are failing. It would be good to get this corrected, if anyone knew what to do or which electronic component usually fails.
    If my first shot dont calculate I shove a pen through the window, Seems to reset it. I've still got the instructions of mine I'll check to see what it says ,

I have a re set button on the bottom of the box, does yours?

I have a Chrony Alpha, it's accurate and saves a string of shots etc. so great functions

But it takes a lot of time to set up and I'm always wary about killing it with a misplaced shot. Thankfully the Alpha has the brain on a lead so the front is metal but not very thick.

But I'd like an FX for sure.

The LNBR chronos are used in both the FT and HFT comps. I have one for setting up serviced steyrs.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

chrono

On the cheap chinese ones you need a calculator to change mps -fps. i use a app on my phone called air gun calc. works very well and easy to use.

Calc help

Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz1 View Post
    On the cheap chinese ones you need a calculator to change mps -fps. i use a app on my phone called air gun calc. works very well and easy to use.
    This may help.

FPS = Feet Per Second, MPS = Meters Per Second, FPE = Foot Pounds of Energy
    To convert to Joules multiply FPE by 1.3558, Joules to FPE multiply by .7376
    To convert MPS to FPS, MPS x 3.2808399 = FPS
    To convert FPS to MPS, FPS x .3048 = MPS
    FPE Formula is Pellet weight (gr) x FPS x FPS divided by 450240 or 450436.7

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    What’s a more compact and up to date chronograph, not one of those awful things that goes on the muzzle, but something decent that doesn’t cost more than £140 or I won’t buy it.
    Do you have an issue with it being muzzle mounted?
    or are you referring to a specific make/model?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I’ve got an old Skan chronograph that really ought to go to a collector. It’s got red LEDs and a button and it’s black and rectangular like something off a 70s BBC sci-fi like Blake’s 7.
    What’s a more compact and up to date chronograph, not one of those awful things that goes on the muzzle, but something decent that doesn’t cost more than £140 or I won’t buy it.
    What are all the cool kids measuring their speeds with the now?
    Probably need to start with your requirements...
    Barrel mounted = cant be shot, can be used in confined spaces, can be less prone to interference
    Need BC calculations? then its probably radar
    Use safely in tight spaces?
    Shot strings?
    Interface requirements? Buttons/App...