Thread: Bsa lightning XL ram/spring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The seals are ok, guess it's the ram, I think from the sounds of things I'd be quite happy with getting it back to a Springer possibly, as the rams a sealed unit.
    I'd just like it ticking over around the 10ftlb mark which should be nice and smooth in .25 I guess

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    The seals are ok, guess it's the ram, I think from the sounds of things I'd be quite happy with getting it back to a Springer possibly, as the rams a sealed unit.
    I'd just like it ticking over around the 10ftlb mark which should be nice and smooth in .25 I guess
    I've got two .25's , a rammer and a springer & try to keep the power above 11 because of the ballistic issue with the heavy pellets & low muzzle velocity, the hold over with heavier pellets is quite large even at 25 yards.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

To my mind, yes, it would be nice to move away from the sealed ram to conventional coil spring, with all the benefits of ease of tweakability etc.

Just a quick one, and I don't know much about these at all, but did some of these have the tighter (.243?) barrel fitted that might also contribute to lower outputs with some .25 pellets?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

The ram can be recharged. Not with a home pump though.
    Replacement rams can be had.
    You would needs few bits if your going back to a spring.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.