Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
Very nice collection, do you ever shoot any or try them all out?
Talking about wife's, i wonder how many air rifles and pistols have ended up in the dustbin because in the eyes of most women they consider such things as junk, i bet there are a few horror stories out there about friends guns junked when they pass on or there is a nasty divorce case.
I dread to think how many could of been dumped for the reasons you state,the Mrs and kids have some idea they are worth a pound or 2 but don't think they have any idea of the true worth I'd I'd get pestered to sell them to pay for other stuff 🤣🤣 I don't intend on selling any so when I go they will hopefully have a nice surprise inheritance as the value is always going up I guess

As for firing them I know some are unfired (I call it unfired but the reality is they have probably all been test fires when new at the factory) so I'll say unfired since being boxed at the factory so I've never fired them myself,I've just lubed and cocked and decocked them a few times a year so they don't get gummed up,as what's the point in using then and putting wear and damage on them,it just becomes another used pistol then and I don't think there are that many tidy ones left now,and the webleys are so basic in construction with not many moving parts so they tolerate not being used well

I have collections of other makes that hate not being used such as the bsa scorpion pistols where if left to long get seized up and are a nightmare to strip so I try to shoot them more often just to keep moving but are also mint so have to be carefull u don't mark them

But I still do enjoy pistol shooting especially the webleys and I have another collection of unboxed webleys and other vintage pistols that aren't in such tidy condition that get used quite alot so I'm not missing out on the experience totally lol