Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My webley pistol collection

My webley pistol collection

Well some of them 🙄
    Well the Mrs has gone away for the weekend so I decided now would be a good time to take over the kitchen for a group shot of them all ,sadly I miscalculated how many I'd bought the past few months and realised they wouldn't all fit on the table so I've picked some of my favorites and will do a part 2 at a later date (or buy a bigger table &#129315

Thumbs up

Nice!

very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Evostu View Post
    Well some of them 🙄
    Well the Mrs has gone away for the weekend so I decided now would be a good time to take over the kitchen for a group shot of them all ,sadly I miscalculated how many I'd bought the past few months and realised they wouldn't all fit on the table so I've picked some of my favorites and will do a part 2 at a later date (or buy a bigger table &#129315

Superb - I specially like the Webley case.

I will be showing my better half the pics in the hope that it makes my buying habits seem more normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Superb - I specially like the Webley case.

I will be showing my better half the pics in the hope that it makes my buying habits seem more normal.
    I need to break it to mine sometime that they cost more than a fiver each so she dosent sell them for a fiver each when I die ����

lovely collection

Thumbs up

Wow love this, brilliant photo !

Very nice - I thought I was mad with buying duplicates of the same model, albeit with subtle variations.

Please give your wife my details and ensure too tell her that I will pay at least a £10 for each, so she realises what a good Investment you made on your original purchase

Very nice collection, do you ever shoot any or try them all out?
    Talking about wife's, i wonder how many air rifles and pistols have ended up in the dustbin because in the eyes of most women they consider such things as junk, i bet there are a few horror stories out there about friends guns junked when they pass on or there is a nasty divorce case.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Very nice collection, do you ever shoot any or try them all out?
    Talking about wife's, i wonder how many air rifles and pistols have ended up in the dustbin because in the eyes of most women they consider such things as junk, i bet there are a few horror stories out there about friends guns junked when they pass on or there is a nasty divorce case.
    I dread to think how many could of been dumped for the reasons you state,the Mrs and kids have some idea they are worth a pound or 2 but don't think they have any idea of the true worth I'd I'd get pestered to sell them to pay for other stuff 🤣🤣 I don't intend on selling any so when I go they will hopefully have a nice surprise inheritance as the value is always going up I guess

As for firing them I know some are unfired (I call it unfired but the reality is they have probably all been test fires when new at the factory) so I'll say unfired since being boxed at the factory so I've never fired them myself,I've just lubed and cocked and decocked them a few times a year so they don't get gummed up,as what's the point in using then and putting wear and damage on them,it just becomes another used pistol then and I don't think there are that many tidy ones left now,and the webleys are so basic in construction with not many moving parts so they tolerate not being used well

I have collections of other makes that hate not being used such as the bsa scorpion pistols where if left to long get seized up and are a nightmare to strip so I try to shoot them more often just to keep moving but are also mint so have to be carefull u don't mark them

But I still do enjoy pistol shooting especially the webleys and I have another collection of unboxed webleys and other vintage pistols that aren't in such tidy condition that get used quite alot so I'm not missing out on the experience totally lol

I was wondering where they all went.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Lovely

They are lovely.
    It's good that you are lookiing after them so well, they are a part of our country's history that will never come back and they are a diminishing resource for future historians.
    I know I'd be tempted to shoot them just once or twice...or maybe a couple more, Oh! the tin is nearly empty I might as well use up those few. - and so on...

A nice collection indeed. As Webley lovers know, the good thing about Webley pistols is there’s a fair few around, so you can easily start some form of collection. Also they’re generally indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    They are lovely.
    It's good that you are lookiing after them so well, they are a part of our country's history that will never come back and they are a diminishing resource for future historians.
    I know I'd be tempted to shoot them just once or twice...or maybe a couple more, Oh! the tin is nearly empty I might as well use up those few. - and so on...
    Cheers
    That's exactly why I have a collection of not so good unboxed webleys to shoot and remove any temptation 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    A nice collection indeed. As Webley lovers know, the good thing about Webley pistols is there’s a fair few around, so you can easily start some form of collection. Also they’re generally indestructible.
    Yep true I guess plenty around but it's getting harder and harder to find really nice ones now,especially in original boxes and when they do come up you have to be quick as they get snapped up fast and the prices are going through the roof now so I'm glad I've got 1 of most of the models,just need to hunt down the ones I don't have lol