Thread: Holts Auction - Norfolk Fixed Price Sale

Holts Auction - Norfolk Fixed Price Sale

Unsold lots up for sale today - inc two Westley Richards HP pistols at £390 each

https://www.holtsauctioneers.com/asp...206839&image=1

There was indeed…but a bit too much wrong with them. Still, for the price I guess they would have been ok as an intro to these pistols. Guess the price was the give away as to the ‘issues’.

Happily got a couple of things from this sale, plus something from yesterday’s sale as well…

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Unsold lots up for sale today - inc two Westley Richards HP pistols at £390 each

https://www.holtsauctioneers.com/asp...206839&image=1
    This is a rare gun. At £260 including fees it's a bargain. I wouldn't have hesitated 10 years ago. Now I'm not in the same collecting mindset and there are so many other bargains around. It's a buyer's market:

A RARE .177 DIANA MODEL 14 SINGLE-SHOT BOLT-ACTION SPRING AIR-RIFLE, no visible serial number,
    circa 1920, with octagonal 18 1/2in. barrel, dove-tailed blade fore-sight, dove-tailed standing notch rear-sight, plain receiver with straight bolt-handle, walnut straight-hand half-stock with raised tear-drop cheek-piece, iron heel-plate and trigger

A RARE .177 DIANA MODEL 14 SINGLE-SHOT BOLT-ACTION SPRING AIR-RIFLE, no visible serial number,
    circa 1920, with octagonal 18 1/2in. barrel, dove-tailed blade fore-sight, dove-tailed standing notch rear-sight, plain receiver with straight bolt-handle, walnut straight-hand half-stock with raised tear-drop cheek-piece, iron heel-plate and trigger-guard
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

looks very nice

Quite a lot of stuff in the auction, which was good. Managed to get hold of a Diana 66 in the after auction sale. Been after a Giss gun for ages at a reasonable price and this one was, the only issue is, it's a leftie. I'll either have to learn to shoot left handed, make a stock as I like the old Tyrolean style or see if anyone has a swap for a right hand one...dom

Managed to bag this Lefty Pro Target. Will be a few weeks before I have it in my hands.

[IMG]thumbnail (3) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]