Thread: My speculations about the Linden & Funke and Falke air rifles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I am no rifle expert Danny, but I did see that a similar topic was raised on the German forum CO2air back in 2006. One of the members put up the following post asking several questions: (This is the translated version).

Hello fellow collectors,
    Here's a tough nut to crack for advanced collectors.
    Does anyone have information about the Ludwig and Finke ( he later admits he has the name wrong and that it should be Linden and Funke) company from Iserlohn?
    They are the manufacturers of the “LuFi Model 52” underlever rifle. The rifle is very similar to the Falke 80/90, but is technically much better made.
    How many were made?
    When?
    Are there other models from this manufacturer?
    Does anyone else have weapons from this company?

My searches on Google have so far been unsuccessful. I only have one report from an English airgun magazine which mentions one of these but gives no additional information.

Unfortunately the poster received no replies, so his questions went unanswered. However, he does seem to suggest that the two guns were different only from a manufacturing quality viewpoint.
    Thanks John. I don't know what he meant about quality, they look very similar in terms of quality to me.

I've added an interesting contribution from our friend Eberhard. It includes a pic of a rifle I've never seen, a modified BSA Airsporter with a tube magazine (for ball ammo presumably?) under the barrel and a tap that both opens and closes automatically:

Last edited by Garvin; 17-04-2024 at 03:17 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.