Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
With you on a few of the above rifles, Hw95, had a few and just can’t get on with them at all and in my opinion Hw99 is far better and had a few and always got on well with them
Theoben rammers, had 2 fenmans back in the day new from theoben and had problems with both leaking after a short time and like you say the triggers were awful too with such a stupidly over sprung first stage that it was nigh on impossible to feel the stop for the second stage on mine…
Sometimes we just click with certain rifles I’m a big fan of the 99 and it’s by far the best break barrel I’ve ever found so far when everything is in comparison eg weight, balance, perfect sub 12 power, trigger and especially the price new or even better used.

Granted it might need 20mins of fettling just to make sure all is well but in reality it’s well worth doing.

Must be 20 years now I’ve had the pleasure of many 99’s even back in the days when they were sneered at which I could never understand why the first time I shouldered one (used in a RFD) not knowing anything about them, I was instantly intrigued and bought it on the spot then the first time I fired it, I was hooked and have now lost count how many 99’s have come and gone in those 20 years