Regards theoben rammers I forgot to add a SLR98 to my list

Probably holds the record for the quickest rifle I’ve ever turned around

Story as thus;

Back in freeads days many many years ago found an as new SLR98 advertised fairly local and luckily it was en route to my then gunclub.

So arranged to view it 1/2 hour before my club session.

Seller seemed genuine and on inspection it was as new a nice setup with scope and bag etc so it was ready to go.

Unfortunately I was running late for the club (too much tea and chat the usual story ) so took the vendor for his word bought it on visual inspection but un-fired as I knew what rammers felt like anyway so wasn’t overly concerned.

Beaming like a Cheshire Cat it was then off to the club for an evening session all excited with my new purchase.

At the club the other members were buzzing around intrigued with another oldskoolzzz purchase

Lane all setup for a session went to cock the rifle and thought Christ this is evil to cock it made a Fenman look easy

After the first magazines worth of lead slung down the range I instantly knew it wasn’t for me.

A member called Tony in the next lane was watching me from the start so I gave him the rifle and said here have a go see what you think.

I seen him smile and that was all I needed to see

I never did go home with that SLR