Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire Damaged HW's

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    I saw quite a few of these at a certain auction house near Stroud a few weeks ago.
    There were HW99's, 95's, 97's, 77k's, 57's and 30's. All of them had the hanging labels/tags on them, and appeared ok in the online photos before I went to view on site.
    When I went to view a couple of other guns the day before the auction, it was obvious that most of the break barrel rifles had suffered water damage on the metal work causing patches of deep pitting, which had then been cleaned out before the actions were resprayed in a satin black paint.
    The underlevers were in a similar state, but also had corrosion visible on the exposed part of the compression tubes as seen in the loading ports.
    I did think it rather underhand that nowhere was any mention made to this disguised damage, they all went for highish figures, and I felt that the online buyers were going to be very disappointed when their purchases arrived at home (I was also in the room on the auction day, and I don't recall anyone there bidding more than a pittance for any of these guns).

Also of note, there was an idiot chap who was picking up rifles and pulling triggers - 3 times I ducked as I heard PCP's that still contained air being fired (luckily without pellets in them), before I reported him to seemingly oblivious auction house staff!

Unfortunately I didn't get the Webley Longbow that I'd wanted, as it went way beyond what I was prepared to pay for it

Best regards, Clogger
    Disgraceful.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

It certainly is disgraceful if the seller is disguising them, with no mention of their history.

Exactly as clogger said, They where tarted up with no mention whatsoever of any problems, I didnt go to the auction but did bid on line and won a few items, None of my bids where for the damaged weihrauch`s. Wonder if any buyers complained or just too embarrassed to do so. Thank you Clogger, Glad someone had a proper view and it wasnt just my eyes. Col.

Auction on the 8/9 May, Harper Field.. Gloucester.. Still no mention of the damaged rifles and maybe they dont have to mention it but a few relisted on page 18 for those interested in a look,
    Maybe the buyers on collection refused them and those posted out to buyers will just have to suck it up. Auction House certainly knows the condition and have mixed the photo`s on purpose just to make them look nice, Think i will give that certain auction a miss from now on. Col.

Someone on another forum mentioned that they got a Weihrauch silencer from the last Harper Field auction, and stated that you could very easily smell the smoke on the silencer. What's worse is the fact that they are selling for RRP, BEFORE the fees are added on. I'm not going to lie, I've had a few bargains from that auction house, but there's no way that I would bid on any of the Weihrauch stuff.

HW

97k on gunstar with the spray black paint look. Mach 1.5