Thread: Webley fx2000

Webley fx2000

Hi
    Do any of you chaps have an fx2000 webley. I have just acquired one.
    Wondered what there like.
    Cheers

I have one it is very accurate it’s a full length one I have had it a long time it is easy to work on ie replacing the seals.
    Mine needs fixing as it has a leak when I get round to it.
    You should enjoy shooting it.

My first was an fac rifle, couldn't fault it. Went on to get the RWS version.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

had a few over the years very good guns

I purchased one a few weeks back. I've fancied one for a good while but never got around to acquiring one. I had mine apart yesterday as it has a slow leak, not surprisingly as it appears to have some bits missing.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

I have a Webley Axsor, which is pretty similar. It's the most accurate rifle I own.

I've had a couple of FX 2000's, one in .22 and one in .177 and liked both.
    I now have an FX Cyclone with synthetic stock which is lighter than the 2000, but I much prefer the bolt cocking system on the 2000 to the 'biathlon' lever system on the Cyclone.

fx 2000

yep, have an FX 2000 in .177 great rifles, easy to work on, i had an FX saber tactical which i have just sold as i preferred to keep my 2000. They do occasionally leak but really easy to fix, mine leaked out of everywhere when i bought it but since putting in new seals approx 5 years ago i have no leaks at all.
    One thing to bear in mind if you strip it , make sure your remove the two grub screws in the side of the air cylinder ( one grub and a locking one on top of it) otherwise when you knock the internals out you will leave a score mark right down the inside of the cylinder and the rifle will be knackered. good luck with it , they are great.

Another yes for a very accurate rifle,

I have one in .22 FAC that is exceptional out to 85m on a good day,

It doesn't get used very much at all now as I have moved over to mainly Rimfire and Centrefire and when I do need air then tend to go for the FX Wildcat in .25

I have a number of these, in both carbine and full length and all in .22.

The reason I have so many of them speaks volumes.....coz they are just so good.

Extremely accurate, consistent shot to shot, very good SPC count for non-reg'd, decent rigger adjustablity and operation,very reliable mag indexing, and very quiet valving. Mags can even be reloaded in situ if needed.

Negatives are.........Inlet valves can leak fairly regularly, but it's only an o-ring change to sort it. If a silencer is fitted, the zero can be ruined if the silencer takes even a light knock, due to the way the barrel is supported at the muzzle, so take care!

Hope you enjoy it!