Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is going to be a long thread - bitza build - can you guess what it is yet ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

This is going to be a long thread - bitza build - can you guess what it is yet ?

I got given a PCP action block the other day by a kind chap on the BBS. Literally just the block, with the bolt, hammer, and part of the valve assembly.

So I figured I may as well build it, up as, all this missing is:
    Hammer spring
    Trigger Unit
    Stock
    Valve
    adapter to cylinder
    Air cylinder
    Barrel

yeah, this might take a while....

Started with a gamo trigger as I had one spare, and a section of alu channel to mount it. Just finished the rough milling in the garage, and it's looking good so far.

Last edited by Shed tuner; 16-04-2024 at 12:09 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Is it a Tepid 7?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Is it a Tepid 7?
    Nah, the Gamo trigger would fit onto that.. much easier... Plus they are basically a kit, DIY rifle anyway, so no-one gets and points for making one up. This is more of a challenge
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 16-04-2024 at 07:07 AM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Ah, can't view the image......

Is it a "JB24"?

Good luck with the build, Jon; will be worth following this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Some careful measuring and I got the trigger pin hole to line up with the mount, so a single longer pin now goes all the way thru, holding it rock steady I Also machined a concave surface on the underside, so it sits nicely on the cylinder block.

Just to drill the mounting holes and bolt it on now...

well this will give the game away.. and we now have a working trigger...

Aha! Yes, you may have given the game away, but looking good already. I know there's a long way to go, but we just know that this will be awesome.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Brilliant 👍

Ah the lesser spotted Theoben ‘Shed-E’ Type

Love it JB I assume you are going the small bottle compact route after seeing your latest sales purchase

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Ah the lesser spotted Theoben ‘Shed-E’ Type

Love it JB I assume you are going the small bottle compact route after seeing your latest sales purchase
    yes, that's the contingency plan.. I do have a cylinder fom an S200 here, but it it leaks from everywhere ! Working thru that now, as it's be nice to keep it true to the original design.. the bottle I know will just work !

Progress....

Made tweaks to a fubar reg I had (it leaks clean thru due to some muppet drilling holes in it, but it doesn't leak out the vent hole). This enabled me to mount the valve return spring on something.

Then fixed the o-rings inside the S200 cylinder that had gone rock hard, and screwed it all together. I do have the cover for the reg/reduced part of the action to tidy it up, but I need to machine a couple of mill off it first.

Filled it up and all good. it cocks and fires and goes bang (rather loudly). Just need to make the barrel now, which uses an internal o-ring, so a lot trickier than a regular rapid arrangement. Not sure I have an internal grooving tool small enough...
    Oh, and a stock, almost forgot that...
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 17-04-2024 at 08:35 PM.

Excellent work, JB, and we know you'll get there with the barrel and stock. Will you be going wood or ally?

Very nice indeed, I admire your patience and skills
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent work, JB, and we know you'll get there with the barrel and stock. Will you be going wood or ally?
    Ta. I have a Dragon stock spare that'll be inlet to suit.

I prefer steel for the barrel Tone. I've tried wood in the past, like bamboo, and whilst it's fine for 1/2" blowdarts at hallway ranges, it just doesn't group at longer range

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    T

I prefer steel for the barrel Tone. I've tried wood in the past, like bamboo, and whilst it's fine for 1/2" blowdarts at hallway ranges, it just doesn't group at longer range
    Hee, hee, hee!