Thread: Does anyone on here still own my old Daystate Airwolf Serial Number AW0337

Does anyone on here still own my old Daystate Airwolf Serial Number AW0337

Another thread got me thinking about this

One of my favourite rifles I’ve ever owned was a Daystate Airwolf as per title Serial Number AW0337

It’s quite distinctive as the stock had a laser etched wolfs head on the cheek piece.

At the time I think a chap/small company only did a handful of laser etchings on the airwolfs but I’ve never actually seen another one.

I’d love to know if it’s still around after all these years especially if it’s still being enjoyed since I last owned it back in the noughties.

I did try and track it down once but the trail went cold as I think it’s had 2-3 owners since I originally sold it.

AW0337 Where are you?

From what I gather:

I sold it to member Mcroy

Mcroy sold it to member Airwolf337 who last visited in 2011

Airwolf337 sold it to member Nealsey who last visited in 2016

Trail now cold……

Anyone know Nealsey?

Air wolf

Hi Oldskoolzzz,

I’ve got the air wolf you mention.

Always wondered about the Wolf etched onto the stock and who done it.

Had to change the breech block as it looked like someone had tightened the scope mount bolts with they’re boot !!!

Funnily been sat in the cabinet for a while but had it out Sunday and it still shoots like a laser 😊

Hope that helps

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dictator View Post
    Hi Oldskoolzzz,

I’ve got the air wolf you mention.

Always wondered about the Wolf etched onto the stock and who done it.

Had to change the breech block as it looked like someone had tightened the scope mount bolts with they’re boot !!!

Funnily been sat in the cabinet for a while but had it out Sunday and it still shoots like a laser 😊

Hope that helps

Dave
    That’s awesome Dave,

Glad to here its still knocking about

Out of interest did you buy it from Nealsey or someone else?

Shame about the breech block that’s crazy who on earth tightens mounts like that especially on a pcp….

It seems to be racking up the previous owners

Had many a tree rat with that wolf happy days

Forgot to add regards the wolf etching I’m sure the chap/company that did it actually advertised in a magazine back in the day not sure if it was AGW or AG but from memory I think it was a small outfit possibly one man band but I’m sure from a hazy memory I seen the etching services advertised in the magazine at the time.

I’ll give you a little history on that Wolf, Dave

After owning a rapid for a good few years I joined my local gun club where it was like the rapid owners club

Seems most of those club members had been on the Theoben bandwagon and the rapid was becoming the Ford Clit

every **** had one

Then whilst at the club my uncle who was also a member had a nice permission that he wanted me to frequent.

So I was keen to see his permission but unfortunately my trusty rapid had let me down badly in the field it had leaked from a previous full fill from the clubs bottles and I was unaware it had leaked never thought to check it before leaving but these things happen I guess and one of the reasons I much prefer a gauge on a pcp where a simple 2 secs check will tell you everything especially before you actually set off to a perm.

I was gutted but at the time my uncle had two rifles his old rapid and a brand new £1300 Airwolf that he had bought from drapers RFD we chatted and I had a few goes on his wolf and decided yep this was much better.

So the seed was planted my uncle said go for a wolf his rapid was also redundant so I got my rapid fixed well a club member fixed it for me….well it was the rapid owners club after all then I sold it on.

Then I began the search for a used wolf (couldn’t afford new) and found AW0337 the chap was miles away (East Lincoln) so told my uncle all about it who insisted he came with me.

The chap who was selling it agreed to take a springer in PX as at the time I didn’t really have enough funds from the rapid sale on its own.

I didn’t really need my uncle present I was buying it anyway but the company on the long round trip helped

I loved that wolf it was great on the permission and shared some excellent hunting trips with my uncle and the tree rats absolutely hated it.

I’ll always remember a special trip where I was back against a tree trunk scanning the opposite trees and I caught movement to my left I completely froze kept the rifle where it was but slowly moved my head away and to the left to see what it was.

A massive majestical hare was trotting down the woods un oblivious to my presence it came right up to my left boot and it felt like it gave me a nod of approval and then bolted

Unfortunately I had not long gone self employed back in those days and was struggling really badly with the overdraft maxed out and with a very young family at the time to support, I had no real choice but to sell that wolf to ironically keep another wolf from the back door

It’s probably hand oh heart my biggest regret with selling a rifle but with no choice at the time, I can’t really dwell on that just glad it’s still around being enjoyed just like my memories