Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
I did wonder that, but the breech only gets an occasional wipe with Parker-Hale Express Gun Oil.

Tony, 27 years that's amazing The broken seals in the pic did look OK and worked I only decided to change them because the fps was inconsistent, I wonder if you tried to remove your old ones they would crumble, I have now fitted a new standard seal and the fps are consistent, but I'm thinking of getting a heavy-duty seal from somewhere if they are easy to get, I have had almost indestructible Diana breech seals from Terry Robb but not HW.
Nope. When I removed that old seal from the 95, despite it looking well flattened, it was still soft and flexible, Barry. Although, outwardly, it looked to be past its best it was still working well and, I suspect, would have carried on doing so for a good while longer.

The aforementioned one that wasn't very old from the 35 was, I suspect, a seal made for the supplier as opposed to a genuine Weihrauch one.

I also wonder how some stockists might store seals.

The worst one I ever saw was one from a Webley Stingray a couple of years ago that I looked at for a friend. It had gone very dry and hard and little fragments had to be carefully removed using a cocktail stick.