Thread: Webey VMX cub

Webey VMX cub

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to archive 8-9 ft/lb with the Webley VMX cub with a little work please.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

I would have thought not due to the stroke and cylinder.
    It would need to be oversprung making it unpleasant to shoot.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

I have no personal experience of this model but, as Neil says, would guess that the swept volume may not be sufficient to achieve that sort of power output whilst retaining usability.

If you already own it, enjoy it for what it no doubt will be....a light weight, sweet shooting little rifle?

If you're looking to buy and want a Webley, maybe better to consider the larger VMX models?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I have no personal experience of this model but, as Neil says, would guess that the swept volume may not be sufficient to achieve that sort of power output whilst retaining usability.

If you already own it, enjoy it for what it no doubt will be....a light weight, sweet shooting little rifle?

If you're looking to buy and want a Webley, maybe better to consider the larger VMX models?
    Got to say Tone I’d not bother with a larger VMX as it’s pretty poor, I’ve owned one for a while and it’s so poor I’d not move it on to any one .

That's a shame, Gav.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!