Thread: Meteor spares

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

Meteor spares

Not sure if this should be in the collectables but, I am wanting a buffer washer a bearing washer and a piston ring for a MK III Meteor, can these be easily made if the dimensions are known and what material are they made of.

The keyway piston head is jammed at the bottom of the cylinder, I have tried knocking it down with a steel drift through the transfer port but I realised I may be jamming it further as the port is not in line with the centre of the piston and I may be twisting it so to speak

Any constructive advice on how to remove the piston head will be very welcome.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Not sure if this should be in the collectables but, I am wanting a buffer washer a bearing washer and a piston ring for a MK III Meteor, can these be easily made if the dimensions are known and what material are they made of.

The keyway piston head is jammed at the bottom of the cylinder, I have tried knocking it down with a steel drift through the transfer port but I realised I may be jamming it further as the port is not in line with the centre of the piston and I may be twisting it so to speak

Any constructive advice on how to remove the piston head will be very welcome.

Cheers

Melv

Regarding the washers Melv. Bearing, buffer and piston seals are all available from John Knibbs or Chambers. I assume the rear of the piston has not yet come into view through the cocking slot, so I would squirt easing oil both sides of the head then try to knock it backwards and forwards ( leveling it up as you go) until the cheese gives way.
    Are you going to treat it to a new breech seal?
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Regarding the washers Melv. Bearing, buffer and piston seals are all available from John Knibbs or Chambers. I assume the rear of the piston has not yet come into view through the cocking slot, so I would squirt easing oil both sides of the head then try to knock it backwards and forwards ( leveling it up as you go) until the cheese gives way.
    Are you going to treat it to a new breech seal?
    The piston is out its the loose keyway that fits into the piston that is stuck to the bottom of the chamber. I have poured some WD40 in to see if that gets through.
    I have seen all the spares are on Knibbs I was just wondering if I could make some, I can see me eventually getting some or selling the gun as spares or repair with a note explaining the problems.

Thanks for the input though it's appreciated.

Cheers

Melv

A 3/4 tap washer will do as a buffer. Needs a bigger centre hole punching. Seal is an easily available O ring. One from the Aldi kit fits. Can't remember number tho'

My car tyre pump has an 'air bed' adapter, long cone shaped thing. Maybe this could blow the piston out via the tp.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Mmmmm.......never had to do this. Good luck, Melv.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks all for the replies, it’s very much appreciated.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes n)
    Last edited by Chippendale; 19-04-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Blast of air from a compressor usually shifts these.

The trouble is it is now tipped sideways so will not seal any air coming through the transfer port. I have had to sort this type of problem many times, just keep at it.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The trouble is it is now tipped sideways so will not seal any air coming through the transfer port. I have had to sort this type of problem many times, just keep at it.

Baz
    Thanks for your input Baz, I'm not sure about it being tipped sideways I said it may be, I shall have to try the suggestions already made but thanks again.

Melv

chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post

Sorry ggggr, space available now

Melv

I have manages to retrieve the piston head out of the chamber, the washer disintegrated when I removed the steel washer, I have found a leather tap washer in my plumbing gear and I’ve made that fit, it’s now soaking in neatsfoot.

The end of the piston look as though it had expanded slightly with slamming into the bottom of the cylinder so I have ground it so that it slides into the cylinder easily.

My concern is now how to get the piston head to stay in the piston, is the groove in the shank of the piston head to take a circlip.

Cheers

Melv

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Pm-ed you .
    This is the proper bit and says it fits the Meteor https://www.airgunspares.com/catalog...category/1150/ and you will need this as well on top of the circlip
    https://www.airgunspares.com/163113b...ingwasher.html
    You are probably better asking a mod to move this to collectables.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"