Thread: Fitting a Welsh Willy kit to an '86 Supersport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed

Fitting a Welsh Willy kit to an '86 Supersport

I'm finally getting to it, I'm going to clean down the work area to make it clean enough to open the old girl up and just wanted to be sure before hand I've got everything I could possibly need.
    Right now she's shooting nicely so I don't plan to do repairs on anything, just fit the kit, I've got a Sash Clamp, most basic tools, a punch set and the kit itself, anything else I'll need based on that?
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    A notched broom handle or similar to release the spring pressure from the pin, degreaser and a chrono. Don’t forget to check power before before starting as well.

Bon Chance!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Can't really afford a Chrono right now, Notched broomhandle? Any pics of what it looks like?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Can't really afford a Chrono right now, Notched broomhandle? Any pics of what it looks like?
    Then you need to ask yourself if you should be mucking around inside the gun?
    When you get the plastic cover off at the rear you will see what you need
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Simple answer to that would be I'd find a place to Chrono it if it was absolutely nessacery and I think I get what you mean as I've got schematics for something like that for the Daisy, it is a pronged tool to take tension off the spring block which I'm guessing is its version of the pin.
    Do I need to get some grease on hand? I've got some copper anti slip stuff and oil wise 10w60 and bog standard 3 in 1 but not much else as not worked on much in years thats required it.

Been doing a little searching on youtube and watched a Chap do it on a Tx200, shows molygrease packed in so I'll check the pack Dan sent me and grab some more should I need it, he did offer to send me tools too so I'm wondering if he meant the broomhandle thing, I'll text him tomorrow and check as I'll have the Car then too to pick things up.

Fitting a Welsh Willy kit to an '86 Supersport

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    No pics but its just a 2" offcut of broomhandle with a hole drilled in towards one end & the wood cut out with a coping saw to the end to notch it to clear the pin to use a spring compressor on it for taking apart. Goes in the rear end of cylinder after removing the plastic end cap.

The one Lightning22 made arrived today, it sounds like it's a similar shape to it so should this one break I'll make one using it as a template however this once feels very sturdy so should last a long time.
    I'm now painting the Airsoft Beretta but it'll be next on the Bench once I've cleaned and prepped the area, wish me luck Lads.