Thread: pcp air pistol cylinder testing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

pcp air pistol cylinder testing.

A friend of mine is looking to buy a Steyr LP10 air pistol for 20 yard club shooting.
    The one he has seen has cylinders dated till 2025 and asked me this is a problem.
    Do we have to get the cylinders pressure tested.?? Iv got an Evo and have never
    given it a thought until he mentioned it although I dont know how they could be
    tested without filling to higher pressures which could weaken them anyway.
    Anyone had theirs tested.??

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Small capacity cylinders fall outside the testing regime applied to dive bottles (2.5 yrs) and surface use bottles (5 yrs).

Out of date cylinders for PCP weapons will only be problematical for National and International events run under ISSF rules.

If your friend is still concerned, the cylinders can be resealed by a competent person or gunsmith.

My Pardini K12 has cylinders dated 2015 and has been resealed and checked; I'll get them done again next year.....

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Thanks Mike. Have just checked mine and they are dated 2017. We shoot the Hendon postal league
    with them. Daft really. Our club shooters all have section one stuff to play with but we still like our
    air guns, older the better.