Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate spring and pcp of ALL TIME....

I’ll stick with my HW98 for a springer, along with my Ripley XL9 for the PCP. Alright, it might not be mainstream, but no dearer than the higher priced Daystates and FX’s

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'd agree with you Barry, that is a beautiful rifle but not one many people could afford, so probably wouldn't consider
    The OP title was the (Ultimate spring/PCP) of all time not what you could afford

Its hard I agree with most in that either the 80 or 77 changed the game and so did the Rapid. My Rapid FT is my soulmate.
    Having said that, the TX200 is the best springer and personally the Ripley XL1 in a Paul Wilson bespoke stock was the best to shoot along how it makes you feel handling it, has to be the ultimate PCP.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The OP title was the (Ultimate spring/PCP) of all time not what you could afford
    I've had two, one of the early limited edition rifles in .177 and much classier later one in .22, stunning workmanship, had that one from 2009 to 2018
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Springer HW 77/80

I've never fired a PCP so can't comment
    Open Channel D

Absolutely nothing beats a Leshiy classic! If we’re talking pcp.

Webley Longbow
    Leshey classic

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    Absolutely nothing beats a Leshiy classic! If we’re talking pcp.
    Beats it at what...?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Theoben rapid 🤩
    Air arms Tx200 🤩

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Beats it at what...?
    Build quality, ease of maintenance, lack of maintenance, efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by the growler View Post
    Ok what's the best? I would say hw77 and theoben rapid7.
    I wonder if it might have been more interesting if you had of said what is the best and (why it's the best) to see if there was any real reason a why it might be considered the best in a bit more detail.

It seems like most not all are just putting down what they own

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Beats it at what...?
    Or with what
    Open Channel D

I wonder if it might have been more interesting if you had of said what is the best and (why it's the best) to see if there was any real reason a why it might be considered the best in a bit more detail.

Maybe they own them because they think they're the best. Just saying.
    Open Channel D

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

I like a rifle because of its looks as well, I had a Daystate X2 once, superb rifle, highly accurate and never let me down, but I wouldn't say it was the ultimate rifle, I said the Prosport as I think it's the best springer I own and the best looking as well, personally I don't care if the HW77 changed the world or if AA copied the Rekord trigger, its what I think, not what others think, I also happen to love the looks of the Excalibre and it shoots pretty spot on as well and doesn't cost a fortune.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I like a rifle because of its looks as well, I had a Daystate X2 once, superb rifle, highly accurate and never let me down, but I wouldn't say it was the ultimate rifle, I said the Prosport as I think it's the best springer I own and the best looking as well, personally I don't care if the HW77 changed the world or if AA copied the Rekord trigger, its what I think, not what others think, I also happen to love the looks of the Excalibre and it shoots pretty spot on as well and doesn't cost a fortune.
    I am like you I also like a rifle because of its looks so I won't disagree with you about the PS
    But I also like airguns for their engineering design robustness and overall ability while still trying to keep looks, I choose the TX HC because it seems in-between the TX and the PS.

Anyway, I think that it's hard to disagree that these are the Ultimate spring and PCP so far made: cool: