Thread: Wallis & Wallis Auction.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Jaysus.... Collecting the rarest UK pistols is now definitively beyond my bank account.

Out of interest, the Anson’s Star with a seemingly bent cocking lever sold for £2,100 hammer at today’s auction.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Out of interest, the Anson’s Star with a seemingly bent cocking lever sold for £2,100 hammer at today’s auction.

Brian
    Good grief. I hope if they try to straighten that lever they don’t end up snapping it…

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Good grief. I hope if they try to straighten that lever they don’t end up snapping it…
    I expect whoever bought it is confident of restoring it to working condition. They are exceptionally rare and being British and Anson, the hammer price isn't surprising. Sadly I missed out on the long barrel Certus as a) I was on a conference call just as the item came up and b) my bids were not accepted - probably hammer had dropped and saleroom was not updated quickly enough.
    Last edited by JimmieDee; 30-04-2024 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    I expect whoever bought it is confident of restoring it to working condition. They are exceptionally rare and being British and Anson, the hammer price isn't surprising. Sadly I missed out on the long barrel Certus as a) I was on a conference call just as the item came up and b) my bids were not accepted - probably hammer had dropped and saleroom was not updated quickly enough.
    Oh I’m sure they are. I was hoping Sod’s Law doesn’t strike - even if they go about softening and rehardening and taking all the necessary precautions (if indeed necessary).

Shame your bidding didn’t work out. Nice photography on your site.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post

Shame your bidding didn’t work out. Nice photography on your site.
    Call it a lucky escape And thanks. I really should make an effort and write something new.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    I expected the Certus to achieve a higher hammer price than it did being the much rarer long barrelled variant. It would be nice if a contemporary shoulder stock for which all Certus pistols were drilled to accept surfaces one day. Although advertised at the time, it probably never made it into production.

Brian