Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWS Excalibre parts compatibility?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

RWS Excalibre parts compatibility?

Hi all, Just checking to see if there's much difference with the RWS Excalibre and the FX2000/Axsor.

I bought an Excalibre a while ago and the cylinder inlet assembly is all chewed up where someone has tried to prize it off the cylinder with a screw driver (I'd hazard a guess they didn't take out the bolt in the fill probe port), I've found a secondhand Axsor part and just wondered if they are the same? Although looking at the photo there seems to be a silver rod? Sticking out the bit that is inside the cylinder and I'm sure mine doesn't have that, I have said in the past that I have had trouble filling the gun, it had air in it when I got it but I've not been able to refill it since, it may be down to the pump I'm using but I did also notice the inlet port had burrs in it, which may be damaging the probe seals?

Any guidance please would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have an early Excaliber pre 3000 series number plus an FX2000..from what I can see the fill ports are the same. The valves, seals & springs are still available. My old FX2000 often leaked from the fill valve & now my RWS leaks. The only difference between the two is the stock & gauge. My understanding is the Webley Axsor is basically the same. I advertised them last year but changed my mind to have a go at doing the seals but never got around to it, might advertise again as it's a shame for them to gather dust.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Just a thought if you want to come over & have a look at the FX2000 fill port I'm not that far away & try to fill it with a dive tank if you only have a pump.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    Just a thought if you want to come over & have a look at the FX2000 fill port I'm not that far away & try to fill it with a dive tank if you only have a pump.
    Thats a very kind offer, i shall have to decline at the moment as its a bit manic here at the moment as we are about to move house soon.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hi Pete, don’t know if you are on the other forum but there’s a guy on there with the user name the Logunator who fettled and tunes pcps. He did the reg and tune on my akela and can’t recommend his work enough. He’s an absolute expert on the older fx based pcps like the Excalibre. Probably worth having a chat with him. His prices are very reasonable too 👍

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Hi Pete, don’t know if you are on the other forum but there’s a guy on there with the user name the Logunator who fettled and tunes pcps. He did the reg and tune on my akela and can’t recommend his work enough. He’s an absolute expert on the older fx based pcps like the Excalibre. Probably worth having a chat with him. His prices are very reasonable too 👍
    Thanks Chris, I'll see if I can still get on there.

yes his work is top class

A question for anyone that has stripped an Axsor/FX2000/ Excalibre... is there a way to remove the filler end without completely stripping the whole thing and pushing all the guts out? I had my recently acquired FX2000 semi stripped and with the 3 cylinder bolts and the one out of the muzzle support removed it still felt like there was resistance. Any help greatly appreciated.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

I got my fill end off with the bolts removed as described. The other end cap + internals were untouched. .
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    A question for anyone that has stripped an Axsor/FX2000/ Excalibre... is there a way to remove the filler end without completely stripping the whole thing and pushing all the guts out? I had my recently acquired FX2000 semi stripped and with the 3 cylinder bolts and the one out of the muzzle support removed it still felt like there was resistance. Any help greatly appreciated.
    I just put an Allen key in the filler port and pushed it out, once all the bolts where removed.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I just put an Allen key in the filler port and pushed it out, once all the bolts where removed.
    I did try that exact method, but it felt like there was quite a bit of resistance so stopped for fear of damaging the fill port. I'll give it another try 👍
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    I did try that exact method, but it felt like there was quite a bit of resistance so stopped for fear of damaging the fill port. I'll give it another try 👍

It should def pull out with bolts removed, I resealed mine last year

RWS Excalibre parts compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Another vote for mick he's a top man & his turn around is quick too . Had 4 guns resealed by him a couple of years ago including modding the trigger on my sons R10 & fitting a huma to it.

Well I replaced the cylinder inlet assembly off of a Webley Axsor and it now fills from an air tank, but I still struggle with my cheap Chinese stirrup pump but why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well I replaced the cylinder inlet assembly off of a Webley Axsor and it now fills from an air tank, but I still struggle with my cheap Chinese stirrup pump but why am I not surprised.
    I did tell you about the bottle

Still holding pressure then