Thread: I do like a nice freebie

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

I do like a nice freebie

As a lot of you know, I sometimes scrounge or get offered things for free. What is the attraction, apart from them being free? Sometimes they will cost a bit to get them working and I have given some away after getting them working. I think the main attractions are that you sometimes see variants that you have not seen before or see problems that you either have not seen before or one that you have encountered and know the repair/ fix/ bodge. Then there is the forensic thing of working out why someone has done something as a previous "fix"

Many years ago, Danny sent me 2 Tell 2 pistols to try to get one working. I managed it and he told me to keep it! I got my mate to take pics and they are here https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery..../tell-model-2/ I think at that time there were not any pics of one stripped on the net.
    Danny also sent me a straight gripped Webley Mk1 pistol that someone had attempted to put a stirrup catch on. That was a rough old thing but it plinks ok with the normal type of catch on that Jules filed up.

There was a Mk4 Airsporter that Rob M sent (sadly Rob stopped coming on here after getting wound up by a troll) that I found has a different cocking slide was different to other models (I am not saying that it is gospel but a later one would not fit mine)

Ollie has kindly sent me some stuff over the years, Apart from the Webley Mk3 and the very nice plated Senior, he sent a some Relum Repeatier bits to me. That was when I found out that there was a wider trigger housing, trigger and sear than the normal Relum ones. I've never come across that again

Capitalbee recently sent me a Bsa Cadet action and I reckon that one of the stock screw holes has just broken into the transfer port wall, It didn't seem to leak air when the stockk screw was in, so I reckon it probably came out of the factory like that and nobody ever noticed.

To me it is mostly interesting stuff, but not really of interest to anyone else, unless they have a similar problem.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

always nice to get a freebee