Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp Innova cracked breech

Quote Originally Posted by Robert j View Post
    A pity Louis that you want to keep it original, I have a new plastic breech for you without any inscription that I changed for metal. I directly remove all plastic from my rifles if possible. I prefer to improve wrong designs that are usually based on cost reduction. I think that is no crime. It is more like a nice tribute.
    I can understand if someone wants a Innova as a collectors piece, i think thats what i would do change to metal if you want it for a shooter. Now seeing this crack i would be even more wary about buying one, most probably bought one years ago if they were built like the Sharps Ace but the plastic put me off, they would have sold thousands more if there was no plastic on the gun.

Call me stubborn, but I still like the original plastic breech.
    This is the first time I've bought an Innova with this problem, all my other ones are in top condition.
    I don't think that one cracked breech means that all Innova's are to be avoided.
    They are a joy to shoot. Light, powerful, laser accurate. I will try to repair the breech, but I expect it won't be succesful. In that case I hope to find a donor gun / spare breech.
    Will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by jirushi View Post
    Call me stubborn, but I still like the original plastic breech.
    This is the first time I've bought an Innova with this problem, all my other ones are in top condition.
    I don't think that one cracked breech means that all Innova's are to be avoided.
    They are a joy to shoot. Light, powerful, laser accurate. I will try to repair the breech, but I expect it won't be succesful. In that case I hope to find a donor gun / spare breech.
    Will be fine!
    They were very popular back then so i am sure you will find spares.